procharger

i just installed a procharger/intercooled system on my ss.was supposed to be bolt on system :wtf: 8-10 hrs turned into 1&1/2 weeks.total b/s from ATI; but with the help of b&c perf. in raleigh,N.C. it's working pretty well.also had Jeff from carolina auto masters do the tuning.seems to be nice improvement;but i have no hard #'s yet.ran 15.00 flat stock@90 mph.hoping to get within L #'s with just this mod.any input????? :cool::cool::cool:

didn't check boost #'s.plan to, but was happy to just get it running half way decent with all the misinformation we got from procharger.sorry but if they sell a system for a specific vehicle; they should test EVERYTHING first!!!! i know i was one of the first few to try this system;but it seems they would have been more supportive than they were. :confused::confused:

Are you using the D1SC or the P1SC?? My D1SC is making 12 lbs of boost with the stock 8 lb pulley that comes with it. I went from a 14.8 to a 13.5. I think I can get a little lower with some more tuning. It definately makes a big difference when its done right. T

Are you using the FMU or did you go with bigger injectors? Installation on mine was simple, its the tuning that took me forever to get, actually it still isnt where I want it to be yet.

what i have found with procharger kits are they have just enough parts to make you think it's complete. it's certainly one of the best blower available, but they sure don't work much on the hardware side of things.

What exactly happened with the kit that it took you 1 to 1 1/2 weeks!!!

Is it missing parts, or was it simply troublesome to get everything into place??

You got me wondering now, since I just ordered my kit!!

Want more info on what happened...... :rolleyes:

i just installed a procharger/intercooled system on my ss.was supposed to be bolt on system :wtf: 8-10 hrs turned into 1&1/2 weeks.total b/s from ATI; but with the help of b&c perf. in raleigh,N.C. it's working pretty well.also had Jeff from carolina auto masters do the tuning.seems to be nice improvement;but i have no hard #'s yet.ran 15.00 flat stock@90 mph.hoping to get within L #'s with just this mod.any input????? :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

WOW. :eek: Sorry to hear it. Can you give more details about the fiasco? Looking around at other places here in Central Texas, there are a lot of people that like the Procharger on their vehicles. Wish you the best. I definitely agree that the tuning is the biggest deal.

For those that are thinking about a procharger, just make sure that you ordered a kit for a 4x4 and not a 2wd, because the intercooler brackets are different, it comes with a few different length hoses, and a computer relocation bracket set. All of this stuff set my project back a little while when I did mine because I bought a used kit for a 2wd.

Also, Go for the D1SC!!

The best advice I can give to anyone doing a procharger setup is, buy some 42lb injectors, LS1-edit, EFI-live, and throw the FMU in the trash. You will be much happier with the outcome. Especially when the guys that didnt bother to do the tuning are dropping cylinder #7.

Oh and get a TT3000 while your at it :D

I've seen to many horror stories about ATI to ever buy one of their kits. They make a real good compressor, but unless your a mechanic and a machinist, or have a good friend that is, buyer beware. They take more time and constant maintenance that a Radix for sure. But, if done correctly, most systems are capable of out-performing a roots type.

the problem was that they sent a kit for a regular 6.0 4wd;03.my truck doesn't have the return fuel system so i didn't need extra pump or press. reg.;but did need bigger injectors went w/44# injectors just in case i change pulley or something else that may require more fuel.also hoses were to short,elbows were wrong angle,air filter had to be relocated over & in front of supercharger because of lack of space behind it where the instruction book showed it,& it collapsed the air filter they sent w/ it.i think thats about it. :eek::oops::wtf::puke:

Your truck doesnt have a fuel return line?????? are you sure about that?

The stock intake is by far the worst part of the whole kit, the filter is way too small and it will collapse the filter very quickly. Im not even running one right now, until I finish the intake I want to make for it.

Do you have any pics of the intake you did for yours?

Archived