stock boost on radix??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSER - just a note, most guys have hit six or above with the stock 3.30" pulley. You may want to give your boost line/gauge a check if that's what you read before changing pulleys. Sounds like you're a little lower than most. I read 6 on the nose, with the 3.3 and the guys I've talked to with the 3.0 are hitting 8. This is peak, of course. Maybe your belt slips?

Yea I could have a belt slip problem, just ordered the 1/2" shorter gatorback belt. I think that should cure any slippage.

I have and electric guage with a memory feature so i was able to get an exact reading for boost. Granted the guage could be off a little from the factory but it's supposed to automaticly recalibrate each time you start the truck.

3.3 pulley = 5.7 max boost

3.1 pulley = 6.6 max boost

3.0 pulley = 7.5 max boost

I do have a little belt dust so slippage my be an issue. I will post any boost gains after the new belt is installed.

I had some of the signs also, after I put the 2.75" pulley and gatorback belt on. So I got a bigger idler pulley that replaced the one on the right coming off the alternator. We'll see how that works. Will go another 1/2" down in size next if I need to.

I had some of the signs also, after I put the 2.75" pulley and gatorback belt on. So I got a bigger idler pulley that replaced the one on the right coming off the alternator. We'll see how that works. Will go another 1/2" down in size next if I need to.

maybee i have asked this b4 i don't remember, but could u replace the lower pulley. or cank pulley? or am iu smoking crack? :confused:

Archived