stock boost on radix??

Yeah, I guess you could, if you were able to get different sizes and you knew what it was going to do to your boost level. Although, I assume you could get custom made. More than likely, there is only going to be stock and the step down size that everyone does readily available, unless the 4.8/5.3 crank pulley is smaller. It's not near as easy to do with our setup as it is, say a L' or HD. Ten minutes to change out a Radix pulley - if that. A little longer and a lot more hassle to do the other.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have a little belt dust so slippage my be an issue. I will post any boost gains after the new belt is installed.

When I first put on my GatorBack belt, I had a bit of dust, but after it settled in, I don't get anymore. So give it a chance.

I have and electric guage with a memory feature so i was able to get an exact reading for boost.

Bser, I liked yours so much I just ordered the same one.

Well....at least I'm not the only influencing your buys. :P

What brand of gauge?

I have the autometer ultra lite full sweep guages. They have a max boost memory and setable warn feature. They also have a brushed aluminium suruound that matches well with our trucks brushed SS logo. The face is light silver/white that looks better than the standard white face guages you normally see. Our guage cluster also has a slight sivler tint. They look great in a full pillar pod dyed to match the interior.

3.3 pulley = 5.7 max boost

3.1 pulley = 6.6 max boost

3.0 pulley = 7.5 max boost

I have a couple questions for all of you guys running the Radix. Do you all think that the price for the Radix (installation too, if applicable) is/was worth the gains? I mean I know that when you mash on the gas, it puts a :D on your face, but have you ever thought that maybe it was not a good, costs VS. gains upgrade? The reason why I ask is cause all you get is 8lbs. of boost for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000.00??? Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, is the 8lbs. because of the stock internals and maybe it couldn't handle any more?? What do the 8lbs. equate to in HP at the wheels???

I used to be heavily into VW's and I know that on a VW engine with a turbo, people have gotten up to 20lbs. of boost making about 320+ HP. I've actually seen it with my own eyes on a dyno. I know that they didn't spend $6000.00 on the turbo set-up either.

Like I said, maybe I'm not understanding things right, but it just doesn't seem like a cost efficient upgrade to me. Anyone care to explain??????

Late- Alex

What brand of gauge?

Just like the one BSER described.

Ben, Ain't window shoppin great. Much better than lookin at it in a catalog. :D

I'm not changing mine. Digital is much cooler.

I have a couple questions for all of you guys running the Radix. Do you all think that the price for the Radix (installation too, if applicable) is/was worth the gains? I mean I know that when you mash on the gas, it puts a  :D  on your face, but have you ever thought that maybe it was not a good, costs VS. gains upgrade? The reason why I ask is cause all you get is 8lbs. of boost for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000.00??? Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, is the 8lbs. because of the stock internals and maybe it couldn't handle any more?? What do the 8lbs. equate to in HP at the wheels???

I used to be heavily into VW's and I know that on a VW engine with a turbo, people have gotten up to 20lbs. of boost making about 320+ HP. I've actually seen it with my own eyes on a dyno. I know that they didn't spend $6000.00 on the turbo set-up either.

Like I said, maybe I'm not understanding things right, but it just doesn't seem like a cost efficient upgrade to me. Anyone care to explain??????

Late-  Alex

My Radix costs $4800, installed. 8lbs is about what the stock motor can handle without issues due to the high compression of the stock motor. I'm able to run 10+, but only because I have altered my CR from my head change out. Even with the stock boost of 6lbs, I think it was worth it. I would equate it to roughly a 125-shot of nitrous that is at your disposal 100% of the time. With 8-10lbs, maybe an equivalancy as high as 150-shot. Just ball park.

The only regret, the tranny. I wish it could handle the continuous abuse the roots blower puts to it. Nobody has lost theirs yet, but it will most certainly go before a stock motor would, and probably quicker than a modified NA motor. The radix provides nearly instant torque.

But, still do not regret it.

:withstupid:

There are definately cheaper ways to add 125 horses, but as Ben said having those 125 horses all the time makes it a blast to drive. I think it is worth every penny. I should also be in the 10lbs of boost club within the next month or so also so it will get even more fun. :thumbs:

What brand of gauge?

Ben, your gauges are really cool also. Just don't want any blue in my truck. :D

What brand of gauge?

Easy to change to teal, just not on my priority list right now. Got to get them tied into the dimming switch also. They already auto-dim for night.

What brand of gauge?

Easy to change to teal, just not on my priority list right now. Got to get them tied into the dimming switch also. They already auto-dim for night.

How bout red?

Archived