stock boost on radix??

I have a couple questions for all of you guys running the Radix. Do you all think that the price for the Radix (installation too, if applicable) is/was worth the gains? I mean I know that when you mash on the gas, it puts a  on your face, but have you ever thought that maybe it was not a good, costs VS. gains upgrade? The reason why I ask is cause all you get is 8lbs. of boost for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000.00??? Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, is the 8lbs. because of the stock internals and maybe it couldn't handle any more?? What do the 8lbs. equate to in HP at the wheels???

I used to be heavily into VW's and I know that on a VW engine with a turbo, people have gotten up to 20lbs. of boost making about 320+ HP. I've actually seen it with my own eyes on a dyno. I know that they didn't spend $6000.00 on the turbo set-up either.

These motors can easily handle 8# of boost. I'd start to worry at 9-10#+. 20# would do very bad things to the motor :eek: 8# of boost will give you an additional 30-40 all wheel horsepower over the stock Radix output so this will be very noticeable.

Tom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived