New Ls7 Block On The Way

who is going to build this for you? yourself or shop? for rings id run total seal rings but be shure to gap the rings correctly and as far as piston goes that depends on weather you want zero deck height or not, none the less get a set of custom pistons JE, Probe, Mahle, Diamond,

Guys I wouldn't down play the LS7 block. there are plenty of boosted cars running around my neighborhood with over 1000rwhp with that block . Of coarse I live right next to LG and thats all they do is vettes. Most of the guys here tell you that the LSX is better which is true, but You can have a badass setup with the LS7 and still be reliable. Al ot of the guys on here also go by what others have heard through the grapevine. Guys flame me if you want but I have seen over 10 cars make that number or higher and they are all still on the road except for one, but thats because a wall got in his way.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

who is going to build this for you? yourself or shop? for rings id run total seal rings but be shure to gap the rings correctly and as far as piston goes that depends on weather you want zero deck height or not, none the less get a set of custom pistons JE, Probe, Mahle, Diamond,

I build my own engines and tranys, but till now they have been 496ci to 632ci N/A N2o and roots blown, the reason I ask about pistons is if you look at the LS piston its not a very strong design

small ring lands, and very short skirt some piston manufacters have a good design some dont, for my blown and N2o engines id like to see a min of .325" for a top ringland and a .170" for the secound but with the LS you cant get that with a 4.00" stroke piston.

Guys I wouldn't down play the LS7 block. there are plenty of boosted cars running around my neighborhood with over 1000rwhp with that block . Of coarse I live right next to LG and thats all they do is vettes. Most of the guys here tell you that the LSX is better which is true, but You can have a badass setup with the LS7 and still be reliable. Al ot of the guys on here also go by what others have heard through the grapevine. Guys flame me if you want but I have seen over 10 cars make that number or higher and they are all still on the road except for one, but thats because a wall got in his way.

Dam walls always moving getting in peeps ways Lol, well I can still change my mind!

I also haven't heard of that many problems with the LS7 block and boost. The ZR1 went to a 6.2L because if you're going to put boost to it you don't need as many cubes. You also don't need the expense of building the 7.0L as compared to the 6.2L that is in production in trucks and standard Corvette's. On the other hand if I had to chose, I'd go with the LSX block over the LS7 block for sure. One mistake with the LS7 block and you'll be buying another one. The LSX block can be bored quite a bit before the walls become too thin to be repaired. Honestly whether we're talking Gen III or Gen IV blocks in aluminum or cast iron, how often do you see the block as the failure? Because of heat issue's you'll probably find that blower to be better pushing 10-12psi on a 7.0L. If you get it any higher than that it's because you bought a bigger crank pulley and are overspinning the crap out of it. A 7.0L at 10psi would be a low 11 to high 10 second ride if done right in an SSS. As for pistons, I'd go with Mahle or Diamond. Just my thoughts, interested in the comments on the post though. :dunno:

I also haven't heard of that many problems with the LS7 block and boost. The ZR1 went to a 6.2L because if you're going to put boost to it you don't need as many cubes. You also don't need the expense of building the 7.0L as compared to the 6.2L that is in production in trucks and standard Corvette's. On the other hand if I had to chose, I'd go with the LSX block over the LS7 block for sure. One mistake with the LS7 block and you'll be buying another one. The LSX block can be bored quite a bit before the walls become too thin to be repaired. Honestly whether we're talking Gen III or Gen IV blocks in aluminum or cast iron, how often do you see the block as the failure? Because of heat issue's you'll probably find that blower to be better pushing 10-12psi on a 7.0L. If you get it any higher than that it's because you bought a bigger crank pulley and are overspinning the crap out of it. A 7.0L at 10psi would be a low 11 to high 10 second ride if done right in an SSS. As for pistons, I'd go with Mahle or Diamond. Just my thoughts, interested in the comments on the post though. :dunno:

Thanks for your input Zippy! and all others :chevy:

Will be waiting on the LSX block said the new batch should ship around the 20th

One thing I notice coming from a BBChevy background is the differance between that and the parts that LS owners choose to tell you the truth Mahle or Diamond would not even make the list for a peformance/race piston in a BBC, not to flame on them its just that I have never seen them used.

• 2 months later...