Back from Tuning

Hey Guys,

I just returned home from a trip to See Allen and Joe in San Antonio. We spent most of the day on Thursday tweaking the PCM after we had Joe install the shift kit. My basic Kenne Bell tune was OK, but left a lot on the table. Allen started from scratch and after a lot of driving, got the tune so smooth.. UNREAL.

The most important part of what was done, was installing the shift kit and then tuning OUT all the torque management. When this is done correctly, the turck shifts very smooth at part throttle, and like a bomb at WOT. If you are serious about get all the fun performance out of an SS, then get the shift kit and then get a TUNE.

Thanks Allen and Joe.

CD

PS: It got better gas mileage on the way home too. .5 mpg

Sounds like Allen and Joe added another cover to their collection, better keep an eye out on Ebay. :jester:

Correction: ALLEN is the collector of covers. I just threaten to sell them. :D I remember to put things back where they belong.

Now let me get back to Ebay............

Sounds like Allen and Joe added another cover to their collection, better keep an eye out on Ebay.  :jester:

Correction: ALLEN is the collector of covers. I just threaten to sell them. :D I remember to put things back where they belong.

Now let me get back to Ebay............

:lol:

Sure Joe, I believe you. ;)

Hey Guys,

I just returned home from a trip to See Allen and Joe in San Antonio.  We spent most of the day on Thursday tweaking the PCM after we had Joe install the shift kit. My basic Kenne Bell tune was OK, but left a lot on the table. Allen started from scratch and after a lot of driving, got the tune so smooth..  UNREAL.

The most important part of what was done, was installing the shift kit and then tuning OUT all the torque management. When this is done correctly, the turck shifts very smooth at part throttle, and like a bomb at WOT. If you are serious about get all the fun performance out of an SS, then get the shift kit and then get a TUNE.

Thanks Allen and Joe.

CD

PS: It got better gas mileage on the way home too.  .5 mpg

I'm glad you're happy with the results, we like hearing it. It was great having you around all day.......someone else got to make sure Allen put everything back besides me and the wife!

Archived