Two Kills Two Lights !

Chevyman03SS

At my track if you put a zero with a slash through it on your car or truck the times will not light up when you run,also when you race for cash at midnight madness at cordova raceway in the quad cities they won't show times just for the sake of people betting.I always used to run for sh*ts and giggles,then every guy with a coffee can wanted to run.To be honest with you it got to be a waste of time running against junk.If you you say" show me the green and we'll run" it gets to be a lot more interesting,and the jokers go away!I know, I'm being a smart ass :jester:

Yea when you regester at the track while waiting in line you tell them to put a "NT" on your car or truck and they wont show your times on the board but they print your slip.

no nitrous on my truck now or ever.

and yea the R/T's are sick there is a few 408 stroker daks in the 11s and 10s that are built by KRC performance. they have a 10 second jeep srt-8 too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright,now for a question. What are the hemi guys using for tuning? My dad has a rumble(humble) bee and wants to play with it but has no idea what the hemi guys are using for tuning.I would like to get him started in the right direction. he is planning headers and exhaust and already has a C.A.I,other than the superchips what else is there?

Alright,now for a question. What are the hemi guys using for tuning? My dad has a rumble(humble) bee and wants to play with it but has no idea what the hemi guys are using for tuning.I would like to get him started in the right direction. he is planning headers and exhaust and already has a C.A.I,other than the superchips what else is there?

if he plans on a cam/heads or even nitrous/blower down the road i would suggest getting sct custom tune. cost $600 but well worth every penny. tell him to check out krc performance.

sct just came out and has not been fully released yet. it only for the 04-06s so far but since his is a rumble bee its either an 04-05. so he should be ok if his pcm part number is supported. they are still working out some quirks with the 05s. as soon as my tranny goes back in (Looks like April 6th install) ill be ditching my piggy back setup (superchips & PSC1). already have my sct just waiting to install it. a guy named sean does all of the custom tuning for me and most of the hemi guys.

and if he is just planning on bolt on parts then he will love the superchips. i gained .5 in the 1/4 with mine.

Edited by HemiRamOn20s (see edit history)

Yeah SCT was just released about two weeks ago and I should be receiving mine somtime next week. I'm curious to see what my truck can do with a good tune. That's somethign I think alot of the chevy and ford guys don't realize.. Since about two weeks ago we didn't have squat for tuning besides superchips, and yall know how much of a difference there is between a superchips canned tune and a real tune for yalls trucks. I'm hoping I can get down in the 12.6 range now, but who knows if it'll happen....

well that was some good reading....whats up hemiram been a while since we crossed paths.

As for the dodge guys, i spend a lot of time on dodgetalk and there are some fast rams out there. It seems the reg cab 2 wheel drive trucks are starting to hit 12's NA but there are only a few of them. The SS's are more often hot rodded so there are more of us right now closing in on 12 na with stock cubes. The rams are the 1st to hit 12's na with stock cubes i think, but trying to get our SS down to their race weight would be imposible. Now start talking about the modded reg cab chevy's....and things are little different. Those trucks get fast....well fast.

As for my truck, I ran that pass with no spare tire and no tailgate. I scaled my truck at route 66 raceway at 5400 with me in it and no tail gate. That puts the truck around 5200 in pretty much street trim. I can drop a bunch of weight yet if i take the rear seat out and put a roll pan on and a glass or carbon hood or......but i don't need to right now because there is so much more potential in my motor. I'm still on stock intake, stock throttle body, lower compression, stock rod bolts, and a low stall converter and a few other things i can improve on. Not to mention zippy hasn't tuned my truck for the long tube headers yet, so maybe he can pull another tenth in just tuning. So, hemiram, i guess come end of this racing season....well see who truck is faster. And not to sound like a dick, because your one of the cool ram guys, but your at 13.7 now and i'm at 13.35 now so you got a butt load of catchng up to do before you can say your faster then me. And i'm still planning on a 12 sec pass this year as long as i don't blow the motor or get into some money trouble that would stop me from spending another dollar on my truck. but this is what makes hot roding so fun, so bring it on! :cheers:

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Yeah SCT was just released about two weeks ago and I should be receiving mine somtime next week. I'm curious to see what my truck can do with a good tune. That's somethign I think alot of the chevy and ford guys don't realize.. Since about two weeks ago we didn't have squat for tuning besides superchips, and yall know how much of a difference there is between a superchips canned tune and a real tune for yalls trucks. I'm hoping I can get down in the 12.6 range now, but who knows if it'll happen....

is that similar to EFI Live and HPT but for the Dodges? BTW your Hemi is pretty fast bro :thumbs:

is that similar to EFI Live and HPT but for the Dodges? BTW your Hemi is pretty fast bro :thumbs:

Yeah, the SCT is basically the same thing that HPTuners is for GM's. As of right now they have full ECM control, but they'er still working on TCM control. So I'm not expecting much improvement right now. But once we can control converter lockup and torque management, and line pressure I think it should be night and day difference. I'm trying not to get too excited so I wont be disapointed if its not quite as good as I was hoping.

well that was some good reading....whats up hemiram been a while since we crossed paths.

As for the dodge guys, i spend a lot of time on dodgetalk and there are some fast rams out there. It seems the reg cab 2 wheel drive trucks are starting to hit 12's NA but there are only a few of them. The SS's are more often hot rodded so there are more of us right now closing in on 12 na with stock cubes. The rams are the 1st to hit 12's na with stock cubes i think, but trying to get our SS down to their race weight would be imposible. Now start talking about the modded reg cab chevy's....and things are little different. Those trucks get fast....well fast.

As for my truck, I ran that pass with no spare tire and no tailgate. I scaled my truck at route 66 raceway at 5400 with me in it and no tail gate. That puts the truck around 5200 in pretty much street trim. I can drop a bunch of weight yet if i take the rear seat out and put a roll pan on and a glass or carbon hood or......but i don't need to right now because there is so much more potential in my motor. I'm still on stock intake, stock throttle body, lower compression, stock rod bolts, and a low stall converter and a few other things i can improve on. Not to mention zippy hasn't tuned my truck for the long tube headers yet, so maybe he can pull another tenth in just tuning. So, hemiram, i guess come end of this racing season....well see who truck is faster. And not to sound like a dick, because your one of the cool ram guys, but your at 13.7 now and i'm at 13.35 now so you got a butt load of catchng up to do before you can say your faster then me. And i'm still planning on a 12 sec pass this year as long as i don't blow the motor or get into some money trouble that would stop me from spending another dollar on my truck. but this is what makes hot roding so fun, so bring it on! :cheers:

good to see you too. havent seen you around the dodge forums lately. yup we will see what the track brings us both. 13.7 was pre cam and tuning and a few other little mods.

good to see you too. havent seen you around the dodge forums lately. yup we will see what the track brings us both. 13.7 was pre cam and tuning and a few other little mods.

sounds like this could be a fun summer. I know those rams can be fast even with out good tuning software. I'm on the dodge forum a lot, but only post if there is a chevy question or a very wrong statement made. I don't want to wear out my welcome over there. Make sure to check in here when you get some times this spring/summer!

Brad

sounds like this could be a fun summer. I know those rams can be fast even with out good tuning software. I'm on the dodge forum a lot, but only post if there is a chevy question or a very wrong statement made. I don't want to wear out my welcome over there. Make sure to check in here when you get some times this spring/summer!

Brad

will do! :cheers: