Wheels Or Performance?

NashSS

Well this saturday I'll be finding out how much I'll be getting back on taxes this year and I'm stuck between getting some nice 22" wheels for the ss or go the performance direction with it. The wheels I would get would be these Granite Alloy's with a 305/40/22 Kuhmo Tire and could be shipped to me for around 2k. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...mp;autoModClar=

Now if I went performance wise I would probably go with some Dynatech Supermaxx Long Tube and High Flow Cat Combo and get em jet hot coated from Tybrne and then get a x pipe to throw in there afterwards down to my borlas dumped under the bed. Then I could get my BSER Rollpan painted and put on since I haven't yet and then maybe lower it.

I really love the idea of having rims to put on my truck to be rolling on some chrome 22's but then again I like the idea of long tubes too. The BSER rollpan would get put on either way so its pretty much a toss up between long tubes and wheels.

I'd cut the idea of the super expensive headers and get the STAINLESS OBX ones, just be sure to protect the driver's side 2 wires that run close to the pipes with at least 2 layers of fire sleave and you'll have a LOT left over for more performance items. OBX are bolt in and will not rust, so don't need a coating. The OBX are a bolt in if you like, or the connectors can be left off for custom duals from about the transmission crossmember back.

If you go for wheels, why not get light weight ones and then you get performance AND custom looks!!!

I am personally looking at headers myself and found this for Dynatechs.

http://www.jet-hot.com/HTML/dynatech/115-841350.html

This should be my next mod.

Why would anyone in their right mind spend that much on headers?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Ebay OBX Stainless bolt in headers for 1/3 of the cost.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Why would anyone in their right mind spend that much on headers?!?!?!?! :banghead: Ebay OBX Stainless bolt in headers for 1/3 of the cost.
:withstupid: At least get the Pacesetters if you are afraid of the OBX system as I was!
Wheels...Our trucks run swell for 95% of the time we drive them in stock condition...just my 2 cents...I must be getting old...LOL
:withstupid: You said swell...that should be your first clue! :jester: