Anyone Ever Had Cellulites Before?

xlr82sxs

i had the flu last week and never went to the doctor, but didn't feel too sick. then over the weekend i started feeling a lot better, so i figured i was healthy again. i woke up monday morning with a large lump on the left side of my neck, right where the lymph nodes are located, and i could barely breathe and eat or drink anything. i went to work for the day then came home and felt like i had just gotten home from an iron man contest. i was beat to the ground.. i fell asleep as soon as i took my shoes off and woke up around 9pm.

i didn't feel any better when i woke, so i went to the emergency room. they thought i might have a strong case of strep throat, but the test came back negative. so they rushed me in to get a ct scan and shot me up with some intravenous contrast material so they were better able to see my veins and organs clearer. twenty minutes after the ct scan they came back and told me i had cellulites. it's a sickness similiar to strep and they don't know how humans get it. it's non contagious, but it can kill you if you do not take care of it right away.

my doctor has me on hydrocone/apap (5mg/500mg) every 4-6 hours as needed for pain and amox-clav (875mg) twice daily.. amox clav is a narcotic and is some strong shit and i feel a ton better now.

they also had me hooked up to two seperate iv's right after they found out what i had.

anyone else ever catch cellulites?

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

my doctor has me on hydrocone/apap (5mg/500mg) every 4-6 hours as needed for pain and amox-clav (875mg) twice daily.. amox clav is a narcotic and is some strong shit and i feel a ton better now.

they also had me hooked up to two seperate iv's right after they found out what i had.

anyone else ever catch cellulites?

I had a mild case, it is nothing more than a sub dermal infection mostly a strep or staph strain. Your drugs that you are on are actually reversed. Amox-clav is a generic antibiotic mix and hydrocodone is a generic oxycontin derivitive. The hydrocodone is a narcotic and at only 5mg isn't a heavy dose however I am sure you feel it. That is for pain and to assist with relaxing and sleeping.

I am sure they hooked you up with a strong antibiotic in the hospital in your IV. That alone should clear you right up.

Get better soon! :cheers:

I had a mild case, it is nothing more than a sub dermal infection mostly a strep or staph strain. Your drugs that you are on are actually reversed. Amox-clav is a generic antibiotic mix and hydrocodone is a generic oxycontin derivitive. The hydrocodone is a narcotic and at only 5mg isn't a heavy dose however I am sure you feel it. That is for pain and to assist with relaxing and sleeping.

I am sure they hooked you up with a strong antibiotic in the hospital in your IV. That alone should clear you right up.

Get better soon! :cheers:

thanks for clearing that up.. doctors don't tell you anything.

i know you say "it's nothing more than a sub dermal infection," but they said if i was older, i would have been omitted to the hospital. it's still serious..

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)