Converter??????Time with new mods??

What do you guys think about the Yank 2600 Truck thruster for my Denali. They claim to keep the tow rating the same as factory.

I want it to run good while at the track but still be able to tow my Lightning when going to an event.

My mods;

Westers 93 octane ECM

Volant intake with ram air tube

Throttle body bypass

Screen removed from mass air meter-----15.1 @ 89 to this point

New mods

Supermaxx longtube headers with high flow cats

Corsa cat back

180 degree thermostat

underdrive crank pulley

Just odered NX wet kit, figure start with a hundred shot?

I would like to add a converter so I can launch with the nitrous.

And one more question, what do you guys think she will run now?

Bill-03-SD

I'd love to be able to solidly recommend a converter, but I'm going through a similar dilema myself.

99% of the people I 'poll', say to go with the 3000. When I ask about towing, most just reply back that "Yank says it okay". (I'm usually looking for more specific feeback)

The other 1% that go with the 2600 are all level headed and honest, with good feeback for me. They say that the 2600 would be better for towing duties.

Unfortunately, I cant decide if I want to be practical, or flagrant in this area.

For your ET's:

14.5 w/o juice

100 shot........ high 13's depending on traction?

I'd love to be able to solidly recommend a converter, but I'm going through a similar dilema myself.

99% of the people I 'poll', say to go with the 3000. When I ask about towing, most just reply back that "Yank says it okay". (I'm usually looking for more specific feeback)

The other 1% that go with the 2600 are all level headed and honest, with good feeback for me. They say that the 2600 would be better for towing duties.

Unfortunately, I cant decide if I want to be practical, or flagrant in this area.

For your ET's:

14.5 w/o juice

100 shot........ high 13's depending on traction?

I have a 3000 and I dont think it would fair well if I used it to tow. Go with the 3000 if your gonna be towing stuff, unless you tow something kindoff lite maybe a couple times a year.

I just ordered a Vigilante 2800 for my truck.... I love the one in my car and thought i would give it a try in the truck. It will probably be a couple of weeks before i get it installed but I will post the results when it happens.

with the ss, i say go with the 2600 if you're going to tow and 3000 if you're going to just drive it for fun. also, if you're using a whipple or radix supercharger or nitrous, i'd also recomend only a 2600. traction seems to be a big problem with these trucks even with the awd. looks like some are going to have to start working on suspension mods like qa1 or rancho rs9000 shocks. i think cal-tracks and some better than eagle LS tires would be a huge improvement. a vig 2800 should stall around 3000 in this heavy of a truck with the torque of a 6.0. certainly a good choice though.

odd enough, i think even being awd this truck could benefit from caltrac's. i think adjustable shocks would really help with weight transfer by loosening the suspension when you want to run it, but keep it tight when crusing. i don't think the caltrac's would be any help for wheel hop since that hasn't been an issue, but they seem to work really well on the 2wd's and my guess is getting the rear to hook on this truck is going to be more important than the front to hook with as much weight transfer as it's getting.

Archived