Civic at 50mph smashes my ss

darkseed

:sick::sick: Well its official.... Went to carlsbad raceway on sat with the girlie.....leaving lot pull up to stop light car in front of me also in straight lane pulls foward out of my peripheral I assumed that the car was going stright and our light had turned green...Well he turned right and by the time I looked up I was in the middle of an intersection on a red!!!!! ......honda civic 96 or so traveling a approx 50-55 mph tbones the SS ......we spin 210 deg and I find myself staring at a civic completely obliderated.....for real ....totally done. With my girlfriend screeming and holding her head in pain all I could think was AAAHhh my truck \........NO total joke ....but a little was \\. But my concerns lied in the person that took the most impact the driver of the car. I got out of truck and attended to other driver who ended up being just fine physicaly...but totally a mental wreck (understandable of course).

So then it was time to go back and look at SS....I stood and stared in complete amazement the bed sides around the pass side wheel was smashed in bout 6 inches and the tonneau poped off kinda. After closer inspection I noticed that the wheel and tire was the dead center of all impact. the wheeel didnt crack the tire didnt pop ....crazy stuff . just dropped it of today a friends body shop here in san diego to asess the damage. So to wrap this story up I feel like total sh@t. could have hurt someone pretty bad jjust cause I wasnt paying attention...but most of all I feel like someone took one of my legs...my truck is gone for prob a month that means crapy rental cars for like 30-45 days...I am seriously depressed about this one...so anyway before I have to start drying the tears from my keyboard..I will leave on this note. Pay close attention to those lights The red ones in this case. Or u could be brused up .....feel like crap about hurting somone else...ur girl all brused up ....insurance double for an at fault injury acc. drive a crappy rental car for prob 30 days......and be without ur pride and joy for a month.

I will post picks tomarrow in this thread

Dave

WOW!!!

I'm at a loss for words. I don't know you, but we were just talkin' about getting a So. Cal. cruise together. That sucks, but be thankfull that no one got seriously hurt cause thats all that matters. Your truck can be fixed, but there is no fix for loss of life! Lets see them pics!!!!

BTW, how did you do on the track???

I just re-read your post and you said the passenger side rear wheel got hit right? Damn, sound to me like you almost made it out of that intersection!

Late- Alex

adams2003 mentioned he thought you'd had an accident. i've ran into someone before while trying to keep someone else from hitting me and even though i saved one accident out if it, i still ran into someone. all you can do at that point is hope everything works out, but it still sucks so i know the feeling. also bites about the truck, but if you're going to do any exterior mods, it's a good time now.

I thought that was you Darkseed, I saw the whole thing. Atleast everybody was okay. Man that really sucks though, I feel your pain. It was really good though when you and your girl and the girl in the civic all got out and were ok. She was atleast going 50, when she hti you you almost flipped over. When I drove by your girl asked if my name was brian or something and I said no. I thought it was you until she asked that and then I thought it was just another ss owner meeting up with someone else. The main thing is that everybody is okay though. Maybe we can meet up with some better luck next time when you get your truck back.

Archived