Sirius package for GM vehicles

m396 #00-011

Sirius Satellite Radio Now Available To GM And Honda Customers

Tuesday, February 3, 2004 by Rob Granger

SIRIUS Satellite Radio has announced a new signal translation device that enables owners of satellite-ready radios in General Motors and Honda vehicles to receive SIRIUS.

The translator module from SoundGate, in conjunction with a SIRIUS tuner and antenna, allows the SIRIUS signal to be played over any in-dash satellite-ready radio. The SoundGate adapter also has the ability to allow other, non satellite-ready radios from GM and Honda to receive SIRIUS' 100-percent commercial-free music, plus news, entertainment and play-by-play sports without having to buy new radios.

"The SoundGate translator module is the easy and convenient answer for consumers who want to receive premium satellite radio programming, but whose in-dash radios are currently not set up to receive SIRIUS," states Larry Pesce, senior vice president of Product Development and Strategic Planning, SIRIUS. "We want to be able to offer our commercial-free music, NBA, NHL and - beginning next football season - NFL games to as many consumers as possible, regardless of what satellite radio system their vehicle was designed to have. In close partnership with SoundGate, we'll now be able to satisfy GM and Honda owners who are starved for a premium satellite radio service."

The estimated retail price of the SoundGate translator, including the SIRIUS tuner and antenna, is $149.99. SoundGate translator modules for General Motors vehicles are available now at mobile electronics stores across the country. The SoundGate translator for Honda vehicles will be available at the end of this month. The SoundGate translators for GM and Honda vehicles are also expected to be sold directly to these auto dealerships.

http://www.sirius.com

I found this on one of my car audio sites. I know we've brought up the Soundgate piece before, but now in a package deal w/ tuner and antenna for $150 :eek:

OK, MNC5, we don't have any more excusses!

Has anyone used sirius??? Is it good?

I have a kenwood stereo in my truck with sirius built into it and I was wondering if it was worth setting up? what do you guys think? and does anyone know what id need to buy to make it work throught the stock XM antenna? would i need to buy something like this?

You'll for sure need a Kenwood Sirius tuner model # KTCSR901 or a KTCSR902. However from looking at the original post the device will work only with the factory radio. Anyone else please chime in.

OOPS I meant from SSilverado 60's post. Sorry about that folks.

I used the Soundgate product to add XM to my factory bose system. Works/Looks EXACTLY the same as the factory XM setup. So I am sure the one for Sirius will work great as well. Very very easy install also. I think I paid 200 for the Soungate piece, tuner, and antenna.

150 bucks sounds like a very good deal. :cheers:

I would of gone with Sirius but for some reason I get XM for free! :D

Has anyone used sirius??? Is it good?

I have a kenwood stereo in my truck with sirius built into it and I was wondering if it was worth setting up? what do you guys think? and does anyone know what id need to buy to make it work throught the stock XM antenna? would i need to buy something like this?

I've got/had both, and prefer the Sirius. They are running another promo to get 3mo free, making their yearly subscription the same as XM.

I won't go into all the technicatities that make Sirius superior, but I will say this. My XM dropped out all the time downtown, my Sirius never did. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Archived