Nitrous Thru Shifts?

i was doing some research on where i want to go with my motor and looking into differnt options. I read on here that somebody said not to spray thru the shifts... i was just wandering WHY??? Doesnt make any sense to stop spraying with a window switch... I know people that spray thru the shifts with auto tranny and have no problems..

well for example, if your stock say 350 hp , that means about 260-280 to the wheels. then you spray a 150 shot of nitrous so that get you to about 41x+ hp to the ground , if your trans is built to handle that then its fine to spray through the shifts. basically with the added power your nitrous will make , if your trans isnt strong enough for that then its not a good idea. im debating on spraying through the shift right now or not, most likly not but only time will tell.

well for example, if your stock say 350 hp , that means about 260-280 to the wheels. then you spray a 150 shot of nitrous so that get you to about 41x+ hp to the ground , if your trans is built to handle that then its fine to spray through the shifts. basically with the added power your nitrous will make , if your trans isnt strong enough for that then its not a good idea. im debating on spraying through the shift right now or not, most likly not but only time will tell.

so how do you not spray through the shift? Or can you use torque management when your on the spray, can you program the tow/haul button to use TM?

so how do you not spray through the shift? Or can you use torque management when your on the spray, can you program the tow/haul button to use TM?

well i guess you could use torque managament but that wouldnt be my way of going about it, i would use a window switch this is what they are for.

so the switch cuts it off like a 100 rpm before the shift and then turns back on a couple hundred rpm after the truck is safely in gear? So if you shift at 6300 and the truck grabs the next gear at 4500 your only running n20 from like 4600 to 6200? what about the launch?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

so the switch cuts it off like a 100 rpm before the shift and then turns back on a couple hundred rpm after the truck is safely in gear? So if you shift at 6300 and the truck grabs the next gear at 4500 your only running n20 from like 4600 to 6200? what about the launch?

look into nitrou daves window switch , it has a lockout feature where you can set it to not turn on in first gear

• 2 weeks later...

I have 150HP wet shot nitrous kit in my 1991 TPI camaro. Its a plate system thats simple. It has a line w/solenoid to the fuel pressure check valve, and a line w/ solenoid to the bottle. The fuel and N20 are shot into the plate (located behind the throttle body), with a microswitch that is positioned to click on at WOT.

Is there a simple kit like that for the SSS?

Im a newbie when it comes to these trucks. I just got mine a week ago, and its the newest vehicle i have owned (the first from this century).

I havent had the plastic cover off the motor yet.

As for spraying between shifts, just do it. My camaro has the original 700R4 tranny with 146k miles. I have over 100 runs at the strip with this 150 shot. The motor is stock too. It shifts just fine through the 4 gear automatic. Shift points were all at the same RPM's. The tach just got there faster. The only week link was my rear-end (crappy GM 10 bolt). I would think the beefier drivetrain in the truck would handle it no problem.

i got info on the car with videos here:

www.cardomain.com/ride/544942

I am gonna make vids of the truck soon!

Yeah, but your camara doesn't weigh almost 6k lbs. With that and the 65, I would not spray through the shifts.

i don't see what the difference would be spraying through the shifts. Its just 150 extra HP, how do you make it through the shifts after you have 150 HP in other mods like a blower? Do you let off before it shifts?

A 150 shot is pretty mild. Spraying from a dead-stop might break stuff, but i think once you get out of the hole and the momentum moving it would be fine. (IMO)