Opinions For Best Tire For Stock Wheels

blackvert

I'm a tire shop owner/operator. Just bought my SS couple weeks ago (barefoot). Chose Cooper Discoverer H/T plus. FINE lookin tire! Excellent ride, low noise, just had a 6-8 inch snow yesterday and they stuck like glue. Non-directional so rotation can be from side to side which I prefer, since it helps shooth any irregular wear patterns that develop.

http://www.coopertire.com/Flash/index.aspx

Take a look

Bob

I'm either going with those or the Cooper Zeon XST's when my factory Goodyear's decide to wear out. Both are good looking tires, plus, unless things have changed, they are made in America and the company is American owned! :flag:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a tire shop owner/operator. Just bought my SS couple weeks ago (barefoot). Chose Cooper Discoverer H/T plus. FINE lookin tire! Excellent ride, low noise, just had a 6-8 inch snow yesterday and they stuck like glue. Non-directional so rotation can be from side to side which I prefer, since it helps shooth any irregular wear patterns that develop.

http://www.coopertire.com/Flash/index.aspx

Take a look

Bob

No offense but i have these Coopers now and their performance stinks. The GY's were much better performers. I think that Perelli is the way to go but I'm not going with the ATR's. I the next month or so my baby will be getting a set of these NEW SKIDS.

BFG's g-Force™ T/A® KDW that's what I have and love em.

Are those the ones with that cool new tread pattern? Ive had my eye on those and wanna get some as soon as my POS goodyears start to wear thin.

BFG's g-Force™ T/A® KDW that's what I have and love em.

I too have these tires and they handle great, and when they loose traction they can be real loud, but they are great. somewhat expensive at 215-250 per tire and the treadwear is 300 but well worth it.

is it possible to fit a 295 width tire on a stock height truck.....front and rear?

tire will be a 295/45/20 to keep the overall height the same for speedo accuracy

Yes. I will be running 305/50/20s w/ stock ride height.

Picture_252.jpg

Picture_256.jpg

I like my Yokohama Geolanders a lot, but they've been wearing to quickly. I've rotated them several times and they continue to wear very quickly. I'm actually thinking of going to a highway tire because of all of the driving I do for work... something with a 600 treadwear...

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)