Anyone Ever Ran Into A Bmw 335i Twin Turbo

00silverad0

I just looked up the specs on the stock 2007 BMW 335i Twin Turbo. I knew they were fast cause I had a run in with one in my old 5.3 and I got DUSTED...I'd taken down the 330s once or twice before so I thought this was the same car. Sure as hell wasnt the same car. That thing pulled me off the line and had BUSLENGTHS on me.

Heres the specs from BMW site: Our 335i similarly scalded the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds at 105.9 mph. For comparison, our 2005 M3 Competition Package used up 5.5 seconds getting to 60 and finished the quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds at 105.4 mph — close, but still a rearview-mirror performance. We almost beat the all-powerful 2007 Audi RS4, too. Despite a 120-horsepower advantage and all-wheel-drive launch superiority, it just nicked our 335i's 0-60 and quarter-mile times by a paltry 0.1 second each.

There can be no doubt that BMW's new twin-turbo 3.0-liter straight-6 engine, complete with direct injection and a high 10.2:1 compression ratio, is impressive. Two smaller snails were assigned to only three cylinders each so they'd spin up faster, reducing lag and increasing torque at low engine speeds. Boy, does it work, as this beastie is rated at 300 hp at 5,800 rpm and 300 pound-feet of torque spreading from 1,400-5,000 rpm. In a rear-drive coupe weighing in at 3,579 as-tested pounds, that sounds about right — for 5.5-second 0-60 bursts, that is.

Anyone ever ran into one of these on the street, if so, howd you do. Going from BMW's info, unless you were a low 13 sec truck, you would probably get beat.

I didnt have a run in with one of those but i met up with a BMW Alpina B7 on the interstate on my way home from LSU. I knew i would get blown, but i enticed him anyway. i had no chance. especially when we were already going 70 from the start. He completely blew me away. im pretty sure he had other bolt ons because he had a customation shops license plate and performance decals. that car was nice looking

yeah my bro is a tech for BMW, all BMWs are sluggish from a dead stop except for the M series, the 335 is a quick little bastard though, the 1 series will be a little faster cuz it has the same motor as 335 but in a smaller car. the Alpina B7 is just as fast as the M5

My uncle has one. I drove it when he first got it and its quick. IMO they're not fast at all from a stop, but from about 60mph and up they haul ass.

:withstupid: One of my good friends has one, at highway speeds its fun. With a tune it runs mid to high 12's

Edited by Drako (see edit history)

My uncle has one. I drove it when he first got it and its quick. IMO they're not fast at all from a stop, but from about 60mph and up they haul ass.

That's what I thought too, but read the other BMW thread, I raced a BMW 335i quite a few times in my wife's dead stock Magnum R/T, the BMW shoulda been about a half second quicker in the 1/4 at least, I could pull on him no problems. I'm not sure if the guy was comfortable, or knew how to drive or what but we raced from 50-60 mph until 120+ mph and I could pull lengths on him each and every time.

I'm over 200 pounds and was alone and the BMW driver had a passenger, but both people in the BMW were tiny....

Maybe the extra weight of a passenger, but they couldn't possibly have weighed 300 pound between them, they were short and woulda blown away with the wind....

:confused:

That's what I thought too, but read the other BMW thread, I raced a BMW 335i quite a few times in my wife's dead stock Magnum R/T, the BMW shoulda been about a half second quicker in the 1/4 at least, I could pull on him no problems. I'm not sure if the guy was comfortable, or knew how to drive or what but we raced from 50-60 mph until 120+ mph and I could pull lengths on him each and every time.

I'm over 200 pounds and was alone and the BMW driver had a passenger, but both people in the BMW were tiny....

Maybe the extra weight of a passenger, but they couldn't possibly have weighed 300 pound between them, they were short and woulda blown away with the wind....

:confused:

are you sure he was racing you? he should have beat you stoc for stock