Dealership rant...

Black03SS_NJ

Well, let me start off by saying how much I hate service departments. I have always thought that is was a crime for GM to sell Escalades, Corvettes, and $40k SS/Denali pickups, and have them serviced by the same people who service the Geo. Any why everytime I drop off a nice car/truck does it need to go for a 20mi drive? And how is it possible that everything that goes wrong with one of my vehicles is a result of one of my modifications? Anyway, onto my point.

Finally took the SS in for warranty work today. The door hinges have been rattling due to mis-alignment from the factory. I know others have complained of similar issues. I also have the common rear window wind noise. Explained all of this, in detail, to the service manager. Got a call this afternoon, and the service department explained to me that the noise I was hearing was my new tailpipes banging around. Now I am no mechanic, but how does a tailpipe at the rear of the truck sound like wind noise by the driver's ear, or the door hinge? To top it off, you can tell that they did not even try to open either door (road salt)...they did not even try! Getting my vehicles serviced is so frustrating! I just wish there was somewhere I could trust, who would not lecture me about my mods every time I walk in... :fume:

Okay...I feel better now.

Keep searching until you find a good service department. I had very similar issues with my last truck so after buying 5 trucks from them I went elsewhere. I was very happy with my service dept. when I took my SS in. I waited for it and they stopped in numerous time to give me updates. Told me what they found and what they were doing to resolve it. It sucks that you have to do this, all service depts. should treat everyone(even the GEO buyer) with respect and take them seriously. I would complain to Chevy or GM. I hope things get resolved for you.

All I can say is I've been fortunate.

With the truck, my service rep is mod happy, and makes sure any issue is resolved. He recently switched to Lawerence Marshall GMC, that's where the SS goes from now on.

The only dealer in recent times I had a problem with was a Lexus dealer, Northside Lexus.

1999, a 2 week old coupe leaking oil (amongest other things), their resolution... "wash the engine". :wtf:

Think I ever returned? I did manage create some issues for them out of that.

The dealer for the car since then is Lexus of Clearlake, those people treat you like gold.

Finding a good service department is hit and miss. When you come across a good one, stick with them, get to know those people.

I even send Christmas cards! :lol:

WW :smash:

I have a couple of horror stories from carrying autos in for warranty work. It's not a good sign when you return for pick up and the mechanic states, "Man, this sob will fly!" I replied yeah, and how did the rear quarter get bashed in? Another time I brought my one week old car home from the dealership and found the rear tires slick as onions. I told my Dad if I wasn't back in an hour to come get me out of jail! For some reason, both dealerships are long out of business. ;)

I know what you mean, completely. I take all my vehicles to my dad's work. The mechanics there think that modifications just ruin a vehicle :rolleyes: . The good thing is, that my dad's the business manager at this chevy/buick store-so, if they don't do a good job, they pretty much get fired. But I agree with you totaly. :chevy:

I think if you have to get a job done correctly, you just have to do it yourself.

I totally agree. I do everything that I can possibly handle by myself. But I just did not feel comfortable adjusting the 3 latches and 4 hinges (per side) that would be involved in making these doors fit right. That's over my head. But I think I may just give it a try now.

Archived