Flow rate of 8.1 injectors

smithl3

Guys, I searched the threads and couldn't find this part number.

I also can't seem to find anything on the internet. I have a set of AC Delco 8.1 liter fuel injectors, part number: 17124531.

What is their flow rate?? Anybody know. Not sure if they are the same as the 8.1 marine injectors mentioned before. I am putting them on my truck for the procharger, so I need 42's.

Thanks

The truck 8.1's are only 30lb'ers. I have them on my truck and didn't feel any difference over the 24lbs. However, I didn't expect to , just making sure there was enough fuel there.

On your application I don't think these regular 8.1's are going to be enough. I'm not sure what the marine 8.1 injectors are rated at though.

later,

allen

Allen, all you have to do is open LS1 edit and look at the flow rate on one of the Radix tunes or that Kenne Bell you tuned last week. Both kits use the 8.1L marine injector.

smithl3 - If you tune with LS1 Edit, those 17124531 injectors flow 3.77 g/s.

Allen, all you have to do is open LS1 edit and look at the flow rate on one of the Radix tunes or that Kenne Bell you tuned last week. Both kits use the 8.1L marine injector.

smithl3 - If you tune with LS1 Edit, those 17124531 injectors flow 3.77 g/s.

lol, thanks bigtex, I didn't think that value would have helped him.

The injector scaling in edit shows 5.25 and 5.20. The lower one was becuase it needed to be lowered on that truck. Based on that value, they are about 42lbs.

I know for a fact the 8.1L truck injectors are 30lb'rs. I have about a 3.xx on my values.

good luck,

allen

Bryan - Did you happen to know the proper injector offset for the 8.1 marine injector? I recently saw the question you posted on the LS1Edit mailing list about the proper injector flow rate for the marine version. I assume you found the proper flow rate. I have a set, but havent installed them yet. I know the flow rate, but would really like to be able to plug in the proper offset values to make tuning the trim values easier. No one who sells that injector (Arizona Speed, RC Engineering, nor Racetronix) has the injector offset value.

I assume that since those injectors would be sold with the 8.1L marine crate engine, the values could be had from the flash file off of its PCM. Just a guess though.

Magna just changes the IFR for the 42# injector, but leaves the stock injector offset values in the PCM.

Richard

Darn good question BigTex.

I was also curious about changing the injector offset with bigger injectors. I'm getting close to running out... ~80% duty cycle at 4000rpm up to ~99% duty cycle at 5400-5800rpm.

It would be nice if someone could post a flash file from one of those marine PCM's... maybe over with the other LS1Edit file archives. :rolleyes:

Archived