Here's mine with 8000k. They seem to have a little too much purple in them. That's why I changed to the 6000. How do we know if the ballast are cheap or not? Maybe I got the cheap ones, and that why they have purple in them. I got mine on ebay and the brand are from Autovison. I know they make digital ballast now, but they cost an arm and a leg. But the quality is to suppose to be amazing. Here's a couple of pics of the 8000k. I don't have any of the 6000k

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

OK well, my neighbor just got his set from a friend for pretty cheap and they seem to be decent quality. As far as DRL's.....GAY!! Everytime I get i nthe truck during the day, I turn them off especially cause they shine through my blackout covers which defeats the purpose.

I have never noticed if the DRLS are on while the headlights are on at the same time, but from the looks of your pics, I guess they are. Now are they only on because your in Park or do they disable automaticlly when your headlights are on and you pull out of park? If they dont go away by themselves, do you guys disable them ?

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

OK well, my neighbor just got his set from a friend for pretty cheap and they seem to be decent quality. As far as DRL's.....GAY!! Everytime I get i nthe truck during the day, I turn them off especially cause they shine through my blackout covers which defeats the purpose.

I have never noticed if the DRLS are on while the headlights are on at the same time, but from the looks of your pics, I guess they are. Now are they only on because your in Park or do they disable automaticlly when your headlights are on and you pull out of park? If they dont go away by themselves, do you guys disable them ?

Those are not the DRL's that are on, It's the turn signal bulbs (they come on automatically when you turn your lights on)