I was looking at a set of hella yellow gt racer style headlights, and was wondering if anyone makes a diff. colored buld for the drl's. I like the visibility of the yellow light, but can't find any bulbs. Or is it possible, to change connectors to accept a more popular buld, like a 9006 possibly?

I was looking at a set of hella yellow gt racer style headlights, and was wondering if anyone makes a diff. colored buld for the drl's. I like the visibility of the yellow light, but can't find any bulbs. Or is it possible, to change connectors to accept a more popular buld, like a 9006 possibly?

There was a thread posted a while back on converting to amber DRLs......all you need is a pack of 3157NA or 3157NA-LL bulbs from the auto part store. They plug right into the factory receptacle and look much better then clear. All it costs is $3 and 1/2 hour of your time. :chevy:

thanks fireman, i did a search(i should've done it the first time), and am on the way to wal-mart to get my new drl bulbs. Thanks :cheers:

actually, I had a pair of 3157's in the garge from my old truck--freebie upgrade!!

Edited by BadSSChevy (see edit history)

I first really noticed how much better the amber DRLs looked at the track, when one truck after the other came down the return road. White looked so ordinary. By the next weekend, I had amber DRLs too. If you don't clear or paint the corners, I think they also sort of complete the "amber look" from the corners and turn signals.

• 1 month later...

AMber DRL is the way to go!! :cheers: i got them on my 5.3, but i got the black headlight housings, and the black bumper lights, they dont seem as bright as before :( but i can still see them, does anyone know why?

post-12619-1208553072_thumb.jpg