Got Struck By Lightning

sonickoolten

L's are fast but they are single cab. The SS is heavier and can actually be used as a truck. I've used mine plenty plus I can run 13's all day long. If going fast was all I was worried about I would have a fast car. The thing that makes the ss special is that it can go fast but also be used as a truck. It's something special to have a 6000 lb truck moving that fast in the 1/4 and you can still tow and haul with it. I'd never trade my ss for a L or SRT-10. :chevy:

You got what you wanted and that's all that counts. I already have a SUV for the family, so I bought my truck just for me. I like the single cab and it handles very well for a truck. I also like taking my dirt bike to my riding areas going 80 mph with the flow of traffic. I like the SSS trucks, it's just that after I test drove my Lightning I had to have it.

IMG_6931.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got what you wanted and that's all that counts. I already have a SUV for the family, so I bought my truck just for me. I like the single cab and it handles very well for a truck. I also like taking my dirt bike to my riding areas going 80 mph with the flow of traffic. I like the SSS trucks, it's just that after I test drove my Lightning I had to have it.

IMG_6931.jpg

I do have to admit the lightnings are a sharp truck,and if chevy made a light reg cab blower truck I would be hard pressed not to buy it,but here in the north I need the awd and that was one reason I fell in love with the SS.2wd is a nono here,and the SS opened up the door for me to own a sport truck.

I was in high scholl when I first read about the SSS concept, and I started saving every penny I could to come up with a down payment. It was supposed to be a RCSB 2wd with the 6.0 and a T-56. No power windows, door locks, or anything. It still had the same look as the production SSS but a totally different truck. You can imagine my disapointment when they came out with an ext.cab AWD truck. If they would've stuck with the original concept, there's no doubt that's what I'd be driving right now.

IMG_6931.jpg

Yep. I wanted an extended cab so the L was not for me. Needed the back seat for a baby seat and it's nice to have the extra space. When the time is right I'll probably get a vette because I love vettes and they move pretty good stock. :cheers:

If I lived in snow country I would own a 4WD truck as well. But since I live in sunny California, I can easily get away with my 2WD truck. I originally wanted a Joe Gibbs short-bed pickup, but I couldn't find one that was for sale, so I decided to get my truck. Below is the J-G truck I wanted.

gibbs3.jpg

WTF! this isn't the the SS, Lightning, and SRT-10 forum. SilveradoSS.com is for the silverado SS! :chevy::chevy::chevy:

I've been a member here for two years and haven't made any enemy's. We get SSS and SRT-10's over on the Lightning forums and as long as they don't come there to start trouble, they are welcome. Do you want us to go away?

I've been a member here for two years and haven't made any enemy's. We get SSS and SRT-10's over on the Lightning forums and as long as they don't come there to start trouble, they are welcome. Do you want us to go away?

Every post you have ever made has been very respectful.....So you know that you are more than welcome to be here :flag:

-Just NO toyotas or nissans :nono:

Every post you have ever made has been very respectful.....So you know that you are more than welcome to be here :flag:

-Just NO toyotas or nissans :nono:

I feel the same way,as long as people are respectful.Because we all love the same thing-fast trucks,unless your a hemi guy,then you love kinda fast trucks :jester:

Thanks guys! I do know what he is talking about though, this is SilveradoSS.com. But to not have truck owners of other brands here would be a mistake. I personally don't like Trolls, but we are all in this hot rod truck family together. And besides, wouldn't it be a drag if we all owned the same truck?