Back To Auto

well after enough talk about doing it, its done. i started early this morning and my truck is now back to an auto/stock setup. i dunno if im happy or sad about it lol. :confused: anyways, ya just thought id let you all in even tho this prob doesnt mattter haha. :cheers:

I think you'll be happy about it in the long run. The way you were burning through clutches and stuff I'm sure this will pay off in the long run though I sure would have liked to have drove it once just to see how it was.

though I sure would have liked to have drove it once just to see how it was

You and me both! I've shown the pics of his setup to a lot of my bud's who like my truck, and everyone loves the idea of an MN6 in it. I'm sure it could have been made to work with a super heavy duty clutch, but that would just take all the fun out of driving it. Too bad, but at least you can enjoy it now! :thumbs:

Just how many clutches did you go through? I wanna say I remember you mentioning at least 3 or 4.... :crazy:

Edited by Grim_Smoker (see edit history)

ya it had a spec stg 4, totally not streetable. so that took the fun of driving it on any form of a daily basis out. but as long as it was rolling, it was amazing. that truck would scream until you let off. i could never, not once, find any point in any gear that didnt pull rediculously hard. even at the top of 4th it was still screamin..... the auto just kinda falls off after 3rd.

main reason i did the swap was money. i cant afford the tahoe and the SSS to be driving everyday, and to be honest the tahoe just plain pisses me off. 18 second passes are not ok.

imo i think these trucks are to heavy for the t56 in some what stock form , they have libertly built 56's that can handle it but they are all strip trannies. imo thats where a 6 speed is the most , is on the street.

i knew youd go back to the auto , but i think it was way cool you took a chance trying out the t56. the only reason the scsb guys get away with them is weight.

kelly did you do a 80 or 65?