Baer Vs Rwd Ss Calipers

12'SROCK

so is it worth doing the corvette calipers( 6 front 4 Rear) and stuff on an AWD SSS???

we need to wait and see the results as no one has fully completed/test the install yet, Ray is almost done though

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My bro did the 06 up brakes on his 2000 silverado and its braking good. He used the rear twin piston calipers and rotors from my truck and the front rotors/calipers and brakets from an 06 sss and his truck is very well balanced in braking now. he is also running 35" tires on stock 17 rims. so far he has much better brake feel and less fade. he also did the stainless brake lines. This is a good upgrade for all of the non-SS 1500 truck out there.

so is it worth doing the corvette calipers( 6 front 4 Rear) and stuff on an AWD SSS???

I would say yes, talk to JYD over on gmfullsize.com (he's the one who makes the brakets) and he also has the vett calipers on his truck.

I did just that and he gave me a fair price. But then I was home one day and 04chase was selling his rear set. So I bought them and then he said he was selling his front and rear brackets. Well lets just say that the SSS.com bit me and I now need to find a money tree

A few of us are digging into this as we speak.

using 14"+ rotors,corvette calipers,track pads....

good info to come soon enough.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that regardless of the caliper used, the 14" rotor is the critical factor; I expect that the 6-piston Vette caliper has large enough swept area that it will perform well - my wager is that its performance will lie somewhere between the Alumasport 14" kit and 6S 15" kit.

Mr. P. :)