Baer Vs Rwd Ss Calipers

12'SROCK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool. all i need now is new rotors and pads. BTW i think it looks funny is the front calipers are painted and then the drums arnt, but drums look dumb painted.

when the drums oxidize, they look like poo..............they don't look bad at all when painted black to match the calipers....

DSCN0417.JPG

big props to art for starting a Great topic and not some mindless crap that has been posted lately...

:thumbs:

i run the full set of baers (6p +alums), and for the price :) i couldnt have gone wrong....lol

thanks big dave :thumbs: i try not to post mindless crap but rather info that benifits everyone on here :cheers:

and the difference between the escalade brakes are?

fronts are like the rwd ss fronts and from what I've seen rear escalade brakes are bigger than 04 and older rears, which are as good if not better than the alumasports. really all you benefit from that kit is rotor and some cosmetics.

yeah there is a guy on gmfullsize making brackets to fit the 6 piston caliper on baer rotors

THIS is the hot ticket IMO - 6-piston brakes for 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost of the Baer 6S kit. From my experience I would still use 4-pistons on the rear of a truck because of bias (C5 brakes maybe?) but 6-pistons on all 4 corners of a suburban would be nice.

Mr. P.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question; What set up are you recomending for the front/rear of an AWD? Are you saying to not upgrade the calipers and just do bigger rotors, pads, and lines? Also can I ask about how much you paid for the rotors? Thanks.