My Viper Alarm Is Huanted

usabodyguard

Ok... so my viper alarm... the blue remote with the aut start feature is acting crazy for the last day or so...

once the batteries ran out in the remote, I replaced them... ever since my remote will beep and then my truck starts! the keys will be on the table across the room when this happens...

talk about ghost in the machine...

anyone have a clue or better yet a priest to exorcize my damn alarm?

:wtf:

I found this on a message board. It's not uncommon it seems.

Just trying to help.

Here is what one guy said..

Hey man I also have a omega alarm and what i have to do is turn the key to on and in 5 seconds hit the valet button 5 times and ur car should chirp once and when this happens within 10 seconds press the lock button on both of ur remotes and it will re syncronize them to the alarm brain.

Good luck.

dave i had this happ[en on my camaro the other night, i was dead asleep and i hear VROOMMM

look in my camaer and sure enough its running, so i shut it off , and you klnow you rradio stays on after you pull the key but dont open the door, i could hear the dam sub thumping just enough to keep me awake. pissed me right off. i had to go open the door and close it . in th emiddle of the night .

dave i had this happ[en on my camaro the other night, i was dead asleep and i hear VROOMMM

look in my camaer and sure enough its running, so i shut it off , and you klnow you rradio stays on after you pull the key but dont open the door, i could hear the dam sub thumping just enough to keep me awake. pissed me right off. i had to go open the door and close it . in th emiddle of the night .

I thought the radio shuts off after 30 minutes when you kill it with the remote?

New police secret technology....Ultimate goal; to cause confidence, reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness of Radar Detectors to come into question, resulting in mass destruction of ALL Radar Detectors, thereby drastically increasing revenue generated from speeding tickets!

The Dark Syde with it , it is...

Hard to see is the future, help it you may..

Dude, please do not post crap like that in someone's thread. It's useless and is just a ploy to up your post count. This is a formal warning.

New police secret technology....Ultimate goal; to cause confidence, reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness of Radar Detectors to come into question, resulting in mass destruction of ALL Radar Detectors, thereby drastically increasing revenue generated from speeding tickets!

WTF? :confused: Ami missing something here? What does this post have to do with radar detectors?

Sounds like your programming went bad. Theres a mode with the viper alarms that will start the car ever couple of hr or however its set. I found it out the same way Chase did. Was sleeping in the middle of the night. Heard my truck start, Ran out side with a gun to find no one in it. Alarm still on but truck was running. I read the owner manual and learn there was Alot of different modes you can program.

Try to press the lock and unlock toghter, your lights should flash 4 times. After a couple of seconds you car should start. After it running unlock the doors and press on the footbrake with no keys in. The truck should shut down and Should cancel the timer mode that it sounds like it is in.

Hope this helps. JAc :cheers:

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

Im with holty on this one... WTF??

anyways, thanks Jac.... I pulled the batteries out for about 5 minutes, replaced it, and it has not done it since, but if it does i will try your method.

:thumbs: