Anyone Into 4x4s ?

Jaymz

Dunno if any of you are into wheeling at all ?

Heres some pics of my lil' brothers 76' blazer, we built it from stock to what it is now in about 3 months. This rig has 52,XXX ORIGINAL MILES. Was alot of fun, it just sits now and is possibly for sale this summer, already sold my rig (74 chevy rc lb on 44" swampers,dovetailed rear blah blah)

Forest service is really gettin hard on everyone around here, and theres only a few select trails that are open to wheel anymore. Its a expensive hobby, so i got out while i was ahead

few specs..

400 small block, dynmx headers, 700 marine carb, rv cam

400 tranny w/kit

np205 t-case

d44 front 4.56 gears, detroit locker ( d-60, and 52" springs going in this summer)

14 bolt FF in rear, 4.56 gears

4 wheel disc brake conversion

36" ground hawg radial ll's

6" front springs

3" add leafs rear

4" shackle flip rear

rino-lined interior cab

tons of other junk.. enjoy :)

IM000821.jpg

yeaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

outlawtorn_1112735608.jpg

outlawtorn_1112735285.jpg

1-1.jpg

outlawtorn_1112735303.jpg

Big trucks rule! Funny that I ended up with an SS when my dream truck growing up was a friends 94 SCSB lifted 12" with 41's.

Love those Blazers, I'll build either a Blazer or Silvy one of these days when I move to an area where theres more mud :)

Is that a Mountain Dew can in the front fender-well in the first pic?

Edited by Grim_Smoker (see edit history)

Is that a Mountain Dew can in the front fender-well in the first pic?

yessir it is lol.

you can also build them for rocks... about 4" lift with 33s.. exo cage and a winch.. just depends on the area you live in, and what your into i guess.

mainly forest land, and mud around here... so 6-8" and up to 38" tires make the most sence.

anything bigger than that realistically is worthless when it comes to actual wheeling.

I had a really hard time following my brother with 44s.. just couldnt fit anywhere, and was way to tippy.

Well my buddy with the RCSB and 41's live in the Outter Banks,NC so it was basically a beach truck, lots of guys down there drive big ol' trucks. He's sold the truck by now, and drives a Tacoma built from 3 different trucks with a 400hp small block 350 now, it's lifted of course on 37's I believe. No real mud duty for the most part (He did drive to take some mud trips a few times, but rarely). Either way, I friggin love big trucks, they're just so cool looking!

What can I say, I love cars and trucks! I love fast cars, I love fast trucks, and I love big ol' trucks. I pretty much love anything with an engine.....cars/trucks, jetski's/boats, quads/dirtbikes, tractors/lawn mowers, nitro RC/Cars, etc. If it has an engine, I'm paying attention! :)

Edited by Grim_Smoker (see edit history)

Big trucks rule! Funny that I ended up with an SS when my dream truck growing up was a friends 94 SCSB lifted 12" with 41's.

I agree totally. My usual off road trips were in my S10(2wd) and my buddies' 77 blazer, 80 c20, 00 Tacoma, and 75 blazer. I still have a weak spot for those, and may build one after I finish my SS(like that will ever happen) :rolleyes:

BTW, what may he be asking, in a hypothetical situation?

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

BTW, what may he be asking, in a hypothetical situation?

not really sure, I could ask him if someone was serious enough

I know that I've personally bolted on more than $8,400 in parts alone.. NOT including original purchase price, or the (d60 $1,000- 52's $300 )