Mafs Cleaning?

kings05ss

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so stupid question. Do you just spray the MAF with contact cleaner and let it dry or do you have to wipe it down with a clean rag? How do you avoid damaging the screen? :yellow_loser:

Yes you just spray the inside of the MAF and screen with some contact cleaner and let it dry. You really don't have to worry about damaging the screen, if need be you can really wipe it off with a rag, but be careful around the little sensors in the MAF, they are delicate. Spraying it down and letting it dry is the best way. :chevy:

Yes you just spray the inside of the MAF and screen with some contact cleaner and let it dry. You really don't have to worry about damaging the screen, if need be you can really wipe it off with a rag, but be careful around the little sensors in the MAF, they are delicate. Spraying it down and letting it dry is the best way. :chevy:

i have the aem dry flow filter. i looked at my mafs and it doesnt look dirty but i have never cleaned it. if it was dirty would it be noticable or is it something that you should do whether it looks dirty or not.

i have the aem dry flow filter. i looked at my mafs and it doesnt look dirty but i have never cleaned it. if it was dirty would it be noticable or is it something that you should do whether it looks dirty or not.

it may look clean but you can still have a fine layer of dust/oil on the wires that you can not see.

my question..i clean mine often when reinstalling it, does it matter where the wires are passioned? running from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.. 12-6 :dunno: if you under stand what I'm asking, or it doesn't matter

thanks

:seeya:

my question..i clean mine often when reinstalling it, does it matter where the wires are passioned? running from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock.. 12-6 :dunno: if you under stand what I'm asking, or it doesn't matter

thanks

:seeya:

stock is 9-3, and with my K&N its 12-6......I don't think it really matters as long as there is a little slack in the wiring :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Hmmm... 43000 miles and I've never cleaned my MAF. I think I will do it this weekend! :thumbs:

Cleaned mine yesterday with the CRC MAF cleaner. There wasn't all that much crap on it, but it's spotless now. Can't really tell any difference in driving. Also, I broke the little gray plastic clip that holds on the plug, but it has another little clip on it, so it should be OK.

Cleaned mine yesterday with the CRC MAF cleaner. There wasn't all that much crap on it, but it's spotless now. Can't really tell any difference in driving. Also, I broke the little gray plastic clip that holds on the plug, but it has another little clip on it, so it should be OK.

Lots of people remove the MAF completely and run just off the tables in the VCM (VE tables / speed density mode). GM doesn't spend much time getting the volumetric efficiencies right, that's why they throw the MAF in there. They get the VE tables "close enough" then throw in the MAF and narrowbands in combination with the trims to get it the rest of the way towards accurate.