Cai

Ok, I've been reading a lot about the different types of CAI. Oil free filters and stuff like that. But my question is, which one offers a true cooler airflow? A open CAI or a closed box one? This may be stupid, but I've read that AEM makes a better performance CAI and it's a open type CAI. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

u cant go wrong with either a volant Aem or k&n they all do same thing only thing that is diff is some look better than otehr :)....... someone was gona test to c which one has more airflow.... i dont know who won..... i got a volant.... since outlaw cai is no longer in buisness

u cant go wrong with either a volant Aem or k&n they all do same thing only thing that is diff is some look better than otehr

:withstupid: basically anything is better then the stock intake, which brand you choose is just a matter of personal preference....they all basically do the same job

I just put on my AEM Brute Force CAI on this morning. I love it, sounds cool,nice throttle response. Now /i just need a good cat back exhaust. Like everyone else said its all about what type of look you want. I think the polished AEM looks sweet.and wasn't to bad to install either.

Before I did my research, I first installed the AEM BF because it looked great. A big chrome tube to anything it'll look nice. That's where I think they get you, they got me. After research, the big round tube creates allows too much turbulent air, which restricts air flow. This led me to a K&N or Airaid. So I went Airaid and yes I could tell the difference even before my TBS and reprogram. The airaid for our intakes give a little bonus and yet a pain. It allows air to come through the gaps of the headlights and hood. It's good cool air straight into the box, yet it gets your air filter dirty in one area more than the rest. All I do is rotate every oil change. Check out the pic, that's 3,000 miles. That's also 3,000 miles of not cleaning the motor, so please no wise cracks.

post-15155-1208976053_thumb.jpg

Before I did my research, I first installed the AEM BF because it looked great. A big chrome tube to anything it'll look nice. That's where I think they get you, they got me. After research, the big round tube creates allows too much turbulent air, which restricts air flow. This led me to a K&N or Airaid. So I went Airaid and yes I could tell the difference even before my TBS and reprogram. The airaid for our intakes give a little bonus and yet a pain. It allows air to come through the gaps of the headlights and hood. It's good cool air straight into the box, yet it gets your air filter dirty in one area more than the rest. All I do is rotate every oil change. Check out the pic, that's 3,000 miles. That's also 3,000 miles of not cleaning the motor, so please no wise cracks.

not true. . .if thats the case then ALL cone shape filters would create turbulance not just one of them. BTW you are supposed to clean your air filter every oil change :D

not true. . .if thats the case then ALL cone shape filters would create turbulance not just one of them. BTW you are supposed to clean your air filter every oil change :D

I use to every 3000 with my old truck but with this one the other side is clean. So when I say I rotate, I do it 180degrees after 3000. The less oil risk to the MAF the better, them sh!ts are expensive! BTW, I was talking about the tube, not the filter.

Edited by 918SS (see edit history)