Black Headlights

about 3 months ago i purchased some black housings for my truck, i got them off Ebay for like 136, they look great! but the one problem is that when i would turn on my HID's (6k too :D ) the beam would look somewhat projected like when you turn on a flashlight. that at night took away a lot frm my headlights....when i had my stock ones they would shine all over the road so i put my stock ones on yesterday at night cause i got my pilot 880 fog light kit yEA!!!! they look sooo sik!! just have to brake them in.. the question that i have is, has anyone blacked out their stock housings, cause the ebay ones feel all cheap and like if they were made out of low quality plastik.....if anyone has blacked out their housings could u tell me how to do it or could you do it for me if i shipped them out to you?? thanks -cheo

..............there are the black ones that i got off ebay........

post-12619-1209139611_thumb.jpg

I would keep your stock ones or buy some clear ones. If you black out the whole headlight then very little to no light will be projected in front of you, and you will not be able to see at night lol. You have a 99 right?

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

I would keep your stock ones or buy some clear ones. If you black out the whole headlight then very little to no light will be projected in front of you, and you will not be able to see at night lol. You have a 99 right?

yea i have a 99 and the attatchment up on top are the ones that i bought on ebay i hate how i see at night with them, thats why i put the stock ones back on

bake them in the oven at 225°-250° for 15-20 minutes to soften up the glue...plue them apart paint the parts you want to paint then get you some appoxy and seal them back together

when you say paint the parts you wan2 paint, what parts should only be painted, so that the light output will not be affected.....and also this can de done to the bumpers right? cause i hate that AMBER reflector :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

i read the how to sec. it looks easy but i dont wan2 mess wit it, i rather pay someone frm this site to have it done on my truk, ill just buy the new headlight/bumper lights frm the dealer and keep my old stok ones until they get done. i know if i try to do it ill mess up and get pi$$ed and not finish it :(

i read the how to sec. it looks easy but i dont wan2 mess wit it, i rather pay someone frm this site to have it done on my truk, ill just buy the new headlight/bumper lights frm the dealer and keep my old stok ones until they get done. i know if i try to do it ill mess up and get pi$$ed and not finish it :(

I believe Danny, Sprayed99, does them. I know he does a gbreat job on tail lights

dam mines a 99 :tumbleweed: have any of you guys seen a 99 wit the headlight housings smoked? well not really smoked but just like blacked out, frm, the sides and a lil bit on the housings, cuse i dont want it to affect the light output at night u know wat i mean?