Took My 06 Vortec Max To The Track Today, Very Happy!

Raced Guy

I took my 06 Vortec Max 4wd to the quarter mile today for the second time. I was very happy with the times it ran. It was 45 deg. overcast and a slight tail wind, pretty much optimal conditions. The first time i ran it last year i had 22s on and went 15.2 @ 89 bone stock. Today with the stock 17s on and a cheap ebay air intake my best run was a 14.62 @ 93 and a few 14.7s @ 92. As stated the truck is 100% stock 24,000 miles with only an ebay intake. It was sport compact day and seeing the look on some of the guys faces that got beat by a stock truck was priceless.

Best Pass- 14.62@93

60ft - 2.172

1/8mile- 9.44 @ 75.33mph

1320ft - 14.62 @ 93 mph

Edited by Raced Guy (see edit history)

The temp really helped the air was really good. Yesterday there were snow flurrys and slightly colder, and just a few days ago it was 78 deg, the midwest is enough to drive you crazy. Thanks for compliments. I also had a good run with an srt-10 ram, i know he was a good bit faster but traciton wasnt on his side. He went a 13.9 @ 103 to my 14.7 @ 92. It was still pretty cool, id say he didnt get around me till about the 800ft mark, gotta love the 4x4.

Here is the only slip that i coud scan and get to show up that was worth anything. Its my 14.716 run. This was i believe my second run, all runs were manually shifiting at 5800rpm, luanching in 4x4 and putting back into 2wd after launch, temp was 44-45 deg. with overcast.

post-10057-1209597867_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Vortec Max is such a nice base to start with. Congrats on the good times. I'm not sure the 4 wheel drive was necessary though, I've pulled 2.0 60's with the base model tires and wheels on a VHO before (245/70R17 Generals).