Engine Build

2003_SuperSport

UPDATED NEW PICS

I just decided to let every one know that I finally let my father have the reigns on my truck and do an engine build. My father has over 30 years experience in the auto and racing industry and is working with the guys at GM to build the best possible custom ground cam, springs, pushrods, rockers, set up to include ported polished heads milled at .010./ new plugs/wires/thermostat/higher fuel pressure regulator/cats cutoff/ported and polished throttle body/ and several other things to include a custome tune of course.

I will have pictures to show during the build to show you the guts of the truck. Before, during, and after pics comming soon.

Thanks for looking and please leave comments if you like.

Here is before and during engine work. after still in process

post-14790-1209584534_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1209584552_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn dude keep us posted sounds like ur in for some nice mods!! im sure ur dad will do a great job! btw you should put that radiator hose under ur intake instead of on top (12rock) suggested it to me so it doesnt burn the hose or mark up ur intake!

damn dude keep us posted sounds like ur in for some nice mods!! im sure ur dad will do a great job! btw you should put that radiator hose under ur intake instead of on top (12rock) suggested it to me so it doesnt burn the hose or mark up ur intake!

Thanks for the tip but won't need to worry about that right now because the engine is torn down to the block. No heads, cam, intake, radiator fan etc... I will post pics with in a day or two of the tear down.... :smoker:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some updated pics of the SS silverado engine build, plus a couple of fun pics of the 70' ChevelleJust scroll through the forum page I can only load one pic per reply.

Here are some updated pics of the SS silverado engine build, plus a couple of fun pics of the 70' ChevelleJust scroll through the forum page I can only load one pic per reply.

post-14790-1210559079_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1210559241_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1210559298_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1210559342_thumb.jpg

The SuperSport Garage 03' SS Silverado with the 70' Chevelle LS6 454 estimated 650-750hp

The SuperSport Garage with the 70' Chevelle LS6 454
The SuperSport Garage with the 70' Chevelle LS6 454

post-14790-1210559655_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1210559697_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1210559747_thumb.jpg

That 70 Chevelle is sweeeeet

It is sweet... all original with parts and numbers matching.... engine has been built heavily.... but we still have the original valve covers and parts.... it runs in the 10's on a good day.... The torque on these big blocks are always more than the Hp's so the engine is hard on the drive train.... especially when the front picks up... :D

We hand build and do the specs on all are rebuilds...

Here is a UPDATE.

Ok I just got my heads back from being milled. After the cam we are expecting a 11.25:1 compression. The cam is ordered and is going to be a custom ground SLP with variable durations. I am in the process of polishing and porting the heads....

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a UPDATE.

Ok I just got my heads back from being milled. After the cam we are expecting a 11.25:1 compression. The cam is ordered and is going to be a custom ground SLP with variable durations. I am in the process of polishing and porting the heads....

Look forward to seing it in person some day.

sounds like I'll have to make a trip to minnesota to see this when it's done. Only a couple hours from me plus my brother lives up there in the cities!!!

You should try to make it to the car craft nationals... I will try to be there... I try to take good care of my ss It has never seen a snowy winter stored and it is not my daily driver... I am always looking foward to meeting up with other brothers and sisters with a sharp SS..

Here is a UPDATE.

if possible please take pictures of the porting and polishing that would be interesting :cheers: