Engine Build

2003_SuperSport

Updates?

Ok so far we are looking at intital fire up late next week. I contacted Wheatley for a custom tune and I will send the PCM out tommarrow morning... With the heads milled we have taken out about 4cc's each chamber... We also reseated the valves so they seat and seal like suction cups lol... so when she comes alive she snap and pop :D . With the compression I have it will run on pump gas but work the best with racing fuel. I'm very excited.. It has been in the garage since early May and we have been doing a lot of research on this engine and its limits. I will have the camera ready for start up. I am trying to make this truck sick.. We are trying things that not many people do to this engine so hold tight and D-Day is almost here. I am shooting for 1/8th mile or (stop light to stop light) times but not to concerned with 1/4 mile or highway runs.

Some more updates on mods we also have a shift kit and some stronger tranny parts

As far as the pics on the polishing of the exhaust and intake ports I will see what I can do. I live about 35 miles from where my truck is and my father is almost down with them and it might be put together before I can get to them.

One more mod I ordered is a cowl hood that will complete the new engine build to make it look as mean as it will sound...

Thanks for looking and please any questions just ask.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PCM is on its way to Wheatley and I just got my valve springs.. The new beehive springs I got are way stiffer than the loose faggy stock ones.. Them valves will seat and pop nice now.

Not driving my truck for two months is giving me deep depression :( . I am glad it is almost done. I enjoyed driving it when it was almost stock, now I think I wont stop driving it when its done... Its so hard seeing others drive their toys while I am stuck driving my daily driver a 92' delta 88 rust bucket.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update I am heading out to the shop where my truck is. We have a couple of tweaks to do but I think she will fire tonight. Hopefully the camera will work so I can post some video of the initial start up. I will post the vids and pics under the vids and photo forum link. Wish me luck :D

Ok :( she did not fire last night but we have it all put together except for the radiator with the e-fans attached. worked till about midnight and called it quits should be ready very soon. Here is a pic of the engine installed before during and after pics

post-14790-1214587566_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1214587590_thumb.jpg

post-14790-1214587613_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...