91 Octane

SS Silv

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** Moving to Proper section ***

You will begin to hear some major knockinng and pinging coming from the engine and have some loss of power ...

But if you have to worry about a $10.00 week in gas savings, changing to cheaper gas isn't going to save you on the "Whole scheme of things" ... if you catch my drift ...

*** Moving to Proper section ***

You will begin to hear some major knockinng and pinging coming from the engine and have some loss of power ...

But if you have to worry about a $10.00 week in gas savings, changing to cheaper gas isn't going to save you on the "Whole scheme of things" ... if you catch my drift ...

Word. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I put 89 with ethanol in my truck last week and it ran fine but this week i put 91 in it cuz its just not worth the risk. Since gas is starting to climb just make it a habit to check your tires every weekend to make sure they are properly inflated and maybe clean or replace your air filter if you haven't lately. I just did mine this weekend all 4 of my tires were under 30 and my filter was so freaking nasty I was ashamed of myself. I have a cleanable air filter so I took a brush to it but I still wasnt getting everything so I held the bad side upside down and started tapping it with the handle and the crap that fell out you wouldnt believe.

if you were to ask me how much a gallon of gas was lastweek when i bought my gas, i would not be able to tell you. i don't really pay attention to how much gas is when i have to fill up because i know its just something i have to do. it sucks, but its my own fault.

if you were to ask me how much a gallon of gas was lastweek when i bought my gas, i would not be able to tell you. i don't really pay attention to how much gas is when i have to fill up because i know its just something i have to do. it sucks, but its my own fault.

:withstupid: Minus the Stupid of course

I also tried the 87 octane. For the difference of $4.00 / tank ... I found my mileage went down almost a mile/gal. So in the end ... I lost about $4.00 in fuel economy. It was a wash in my case ... so why screw around with cheap gas and risk harm to a goo engine.

The important thing I have learned ... only buy gas from very busy gas stations. They have fresh gas. I bought from a place that was middle-of-the-road in price because there was no waiting. Ended up costing me a hand-full of clogged injectors and a tank flush from the anount of water in my tank. Never again. I'll happily wait in line.