Something Strange Happened Yesterday

Turbocoop

A bunch of bison escaped from the farm where they were at thats about a mile away and started running around her neighborhood and some other places. She said there was cops everywhere and cowboys on horses riding around. She said she was driving down the road trying to leave and like 4 or em were running straight at her car followed my the guys on horses. They eventually just shot and killed em though, that kinda sucks cause they were babies. Heres the news story it made the front page of the paper: LINK

I didnt even know there were any buffalo around here thats the funny part

Did you read the article? I dont know if the online one was different than the newspaper one- It said they had a vet out there to try to tranquilize em but he said it probably wouldnt work cause they were so scared and hyper or something. I guess they shot em with the darts but it didnt do anything. They had to kill em before it got dark cause there is a bunch of family neighborhoods around where they were and they didnt want em to hurt anyone.

Did you read the article? I dont know if the online one was different than the newspaper one- It said they had a vet out there to try to tranquilize em but he said it probably wouldnt work cause they were so scared and hyper or something. I guess they shot em with the darts but it didnt do anything. They had to kill em before it got dark cause there is a bunch of family neighborhoods around where they were and they didnt want em to hurt anyone.

:withstupid:

there are tranqulizers out there that will bring down elaphants and there trying to say it wouldn't of brang down a baby bison? :confused: enough darts will bring down anything. either the tranqulizers were weak or faulty and they don't want to admit it, or those bisons had some kind of super-animal strenth. :jester: and yes, they are endangered, thats what confuses me.

... like 4 or em were running straight at her car followed my the guys on horses. They eventually just shot and killed em though...

Those weren't cowboys - just dumbasses on horseback. :uhoh: And yes I'm qualified to say that, even from 1500-miles away. Moving cattle isn't hard. Those aren't even large animals. Damned shame. :shakehead:

Mr. P.

Those weren't cowboys - just dumbasses on horseback. :uhoh: And yes I'm qualified to say that, even from 1500-miles away. Moving cattle isn't hard. Those aren't even large animals. Damned shame. :shakehead:

Mr. P.

by no means am i a cowboy, but it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

by no means am i a cowboy, but it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

No they didn't; I'm biased though, it's a family thing - our family raises cattle, I was moving cattle since I was about 7. Also, my father and I invented the United States Team Roping Championships (USTRC) which is the world sanctioning body for the sport - I've put a video on the homepage. All I'm saying is if two of us can gather & move 100 momma-cows from the back-end of 40K-acres in NM you would think someone in SC could walk a half-dozen of them down the street and back home.

But don't think that sh!t doesn't happen here in Texas either, worst thing I've seen of late - a neighbor's 1/2-brangus bull was loose on the roadside in front of my father's place, standing at the fence calling for the momma cows to come over to him. So my dad's wife calls the neighbor, and then my father, stepmom, and me ride out to the front of the property on 4-wheeler and then dismount and on foot walk the bull about 2/3-mile down the side of the road and back into the neighbor's driveway. A few minutes afterwards the neighbor and his teenage son ride up on horseback, thanked us for the help, and proceed to chasing this bull. We leave to go back to my father's house.

Fast-forward 3+ hours.

So I'm leaving my father's place, and as I've turned off the driveway and onto the road I see the bull again, this time he's dead on the shoulder of the road and to paint the rest of the mental picture the neighbor and his son have two ropes around the neck of the animal dallyd-up to the rear hitch of a Ford beater ranch truck :wtf: and these guys look somber and just whipped so I ease-up alongside and roll down the window... The son is silent the whole time, but his dad tells me after we left they spent a few minutes chasing the bull all over their property and then decided to have both throw a rope around this bull's neck with the intent to 'walk' him like a dog back to their pasture (OMG WTF???) Now this bull was BIG, he was 1100-lbs at least, there was no way in hell they were going to move him anywhere against his will and at that point the fight was on, the bull of course fiercely resisting and according to the neighbor just about pulled both horses over at one point and then made several attempts to charge one or other horse. But when the ropes came tight they would momentarily choke the bull down and he'd relent for a minute; this went on for about 20-minutes and by that time the fight had moved out onto the roadside and the two horses were completely spent. So in a flash of brilliance this idiot instructs his son bring-out the ranch truck and then dallys-up the ropes to the rear hitch and attempts to drag this animal home. :noway::ohmy: Anyways, the last words the neighbor said was "Yeah I s'pose we choked him down one too many times..."

Yeah I s'pose so. :shakehead: It would also have helped if you were smarter than the average cow.

Mr. P.

No they didn't; I'm biased though, it's a family thing - our family raises cattle, I was moving cattle since I was about 7. Also, my father and I invented the United States Team Roping Championships (USTRC) which is the world sanctioning body for the sport - I've put a video on the homepage. All I'm saying is if two of us can gather & move 100 momma-cows from the back-end of 40K-acres in NM you would think someone in SC could walk a half-dozen of them down the street and back home.

But don't think that sh!t doesn't happen here in Texas either, worst thing I've seen of late - a neighbor's 1/2-brangus bull was loose on the roadside in front of my father's place, standing at the fence calling for the momma cows to come over to him. So my dad's wife calls the neighbor, and then my father, stepmom, and me ride out to the front of the property on 4-wheeler and then dismount and on foot walk the bull about 2/3-mile down the side of the road and back into the neighbor's driveway. A few minutes afterwards the neighbor and his teenage son ride up on horseback, thanked us for the help, and proceed to chasing this bull. We leave to go back to my father's house.

Fast-forward 3+ hours.

So I'm leaving my father's place, and as I've turned off the driveway and onto the road I see the bull again, this time he's dead on the shoulder of the road and to paint the rest of the mental picture the neighbor and his son have two ropes around the neck of the animal dallyd-up to the rear hitch of a Ford beater ranch truck :wtf: and these guys look somber and just whipped so I ease-up alongside and roll down the window... The son is silent the whole time, but his dad tells me after we left they spent a few minutes chasing the bull all over their property and then decided to have both throw a rope around this bull's neck with the intent to 'walk' him like a dog back to their pasture (OMG WTF???) Now this bull was BIG, he was 1100-lbs at least, there was no way in hell they were going to move him anywhere against his will and at that point the fight was on, the bull of course fiercely resisting and according to the neighbor just about pulled both horses over at one point and then made several attempts to charge one or other horse. But when the ropes came tight they would momentarily choke the bull down and he'd relent for a minute; this went on for about 20-minutes and by that time the fight had moved out onto the roadside and the two horses were completely spent. So in a flash of brilliance this idiot instructs his son bring-out the ranch truck and then dallys-up the ropes to the rear hitch and attempts to drag this animal home. :noway::ohmy: Anyways, the last words the neighbor said was "Yeah I s'pose we choked him down one too many times..."

Yeah I s'pose so. :shakehead: It would also have helped if you were smarter than the average cow.

Mr. P.

people these days can be really dumb. you should of tied the rope around his neck and draged him behind the sss. and then ask him afterwards if he liked it.

Fast-forward 3+ hours.

Mr. P.

no explanation is needed from you P. :cheers:

Mr. P. Wrangler