Lakers Ftmfw

04CHASE

Let's be a little realistic about this. In case u didnt watch the first half the lakers walked all over the celtics for a 24 point lead and were on there way to evening this series up at two. Second half was the exact opposite. I'm sure u were real confident in the celtics when u were down by 24 right?

I will admit that I went out tonight and was damn close to leaving or changing venues at the half but I stuck it out. That's the old diehard Boston sportsfan narcisistic mentality. We stick and watch our teams die horrendously.

Turns out, things aren't quite the same since 2001 around here. Unless you factor in the "one round and out" Bruins. even our pro soccer team made it to the finals the last 3 years. Granted they pulled a "Buffalo Bills" and lost the championship game 3 years straight.

But c'mon Laker fans, were you extremely confident after Pierce and Garnett were held to a combined 19pts in game 3 and you only won by 6???

I am trying to hold off on any trash talking but sometimes I can't.

There are still 3 games left so it's still up for grabs.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a mess the Lakers are! I mean really, how can any Lakers fan come up with any type of excuse for this loss? Pierce said it best at the end of the game, they imposed THEIR game on the Lakers. I'm a Raiders fan so I know how it is to be a mess, but I don't make excuses for any losses. If they lost, they lost, plain and simple! If the Raiders had a 24 point lead and lost the game, well they suck elephant balls, straight up! Seems like the Lakers are in the same boat. At least Odom stepped up his game, that guy was on fire and he wasn't in foul trouble. :jester: I'd like to see the Lakers pull it out now just for the sake that no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit. That would definately be something to see. It's all good Lakers fan, make sure you still fly those flags. :crackup:

What a mess the Lakers are! I mean really, how can any Lakers fan come up with any type of excuse for this loss? Pierce said it best at the end of the game, they imposed THEIR game on the Lakers. I'm a Raiders fan so I know how it is to be a mess, but I don't make excuses for any losses. If they lost, they lost, plain and simple! If the Raiders had a 24 point lead and lost the game, well they suck elephant balls, straight up! Seems like the Lakers are in the same boat. At least Odom stepped up his game, that guy was on fire and he wasn't in foul trouble. :jester: I'd like to see the Lakers pull it out now just for the sake that no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit. That would definately be something to see. It's all good Lakers fan, make sure you still fly those flags. :crackup:

ok all other SoCal members lets make sure to take Alex off of the next SoCal G2G pm list :D... J/K bro but ur right there are no excuses this times :( i still have faith in them tho.

-Rob

ok all other SoCal members lets make sure to take Alex off of the next SoCal G2G pm list :D... J/K bro but ur right there are no excuses this times :( i still have faith in them tho.

-Rob

I'm not hating on the Lakers, their game speaks for itself. They are soo inconsistent, all of them! One day Kobe scores alot, next day he doesn't score sh*t. One day Odom is basically invisible, then he catches fire. :confused: I mean c'mon, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Lakers need to be running on ALL cylinders to beat Boston. It almost seems the opposite for Boston. The last game, Pierce and Garnett were no shows yet they still found a way to only loose by six and that game could have gone either way. Kobe can't do it all like some might want to think. Like I said, I'd like to see the Lakers do it, but their back is against the wall BIG TIME! That same intensity they played with the first half yesterday is what they'll need for the next three games in order to win IMHO.

I love threads like this .... They all start out with such Major predictions ... Then when their (your) team loses, the excusess come out of everywhere ...

Personally, I don't follow Basketball ... But I must go with the hometown team on this ... Celtics in however many games it takes ....

After last night's performance by the Lakers ... I think I will "Quote" myself ..... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

im just disappointed in the lakers. ive been a laker fan my whole life, but if ur gonna come to the finals and play like that, then dont even bother showing up. no one has really had THAT great of a game on the LA side, kobe has been doin good, but nothing great or out of the ordinary.

no one has really had THAT great of a game on the LA side, kobe has been doin good, but nothing great or out of the ordinary.

the defense could have something to do with that. not to mention mismatches on the floor.

Let's be a little realistic about this. In case u didnt watch the first half the lakers walked all over the celtics for a 24 point lead and were on there way to evening this series up at two. Second half was the exact opposite. I'm sure u were real confident in the celtics when u were down by 24 right?

by walked u mean lost then yeah they did just that :)

and yes i was saying that the celts were gona win its the nba anything can happen.... and it did unlike u laker fans... as lakers head coach said the air was gone from the arena or somehting like that when he said taht he was talkin about u!! lol j/p :) i say celts will loose the next one and go home and win it there cuz we gona brin it to the house!! lol there will be mad parties and a parade!! w00t w00t riots goin on everywhere good times :)

Game 5 tonight, like 10zin said i belive lakers will take this one because the celtics wanna win the championship at home.

I agree that the lakers will probably win toinight ... You know they will have to go all out to win tonight. But once home, the Celtics will win!!!!!

Do you guys really think were gonna give you this series now that were down 3-1. Game 4 is the only gift you guys are getting in this series. Celtics are going to have to be on there game from here on out to finish us off. And I gaurante every celtic player and coach is gonna put 110% into game 5 and try to finish this series off and not wait untill boston. Dont think you have seen the best of the lakers in this series. Theres a reason there in the finals and boston would be stupid to give us any games just like we were stupid for giving you game 4.

Edited by adams2003 (see edit history)

RADMANOVICH IS THE WORST PLAYER TO EVER PUT ON A UNIFORM... THE GUY SHOULD BE DEPORTED BACK TO WHATEVER LAME ASS COUNTRY HE CAME FROM... I SERIOUSLY WOULD LOVE TO MEET THIS POS IN PERSON TO TELL HIM WHAT A HUGE D-BAG HE IS AND THAT HE COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT IN THE WNBA... PHIL JACKSON NEEDS TO SHOVE HIS CLIPBOARD UP HIS ASS SIDEWAYS

oh wow, i needed to vent...

i hope the lakers give him his walking papers....