Lakers Ftmfw

04CHASE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres always next year........ :) it would be cool 2 c a clean sweep... and i would def go back to my hometown(boston) if they win just 2 party it up. and its good that the celts are winning and hope they win after what happend with the patriots we need this to get cheered up :)

true. but ill take MJ in the postseason anyday.

Yes you can say jordan was the best at this very moment, but lets not forget about his side kick (scottie pippen) who helped him win all six rings and was named one of the 50 greatest players to ever play the game. Yes kobe had shaq, but he was in his early twenties when he won those first threee rings. Secondly lets look at who the lakers are playing. The celtics have three all stars and two probable hall of famers so its not like the lakers arent up against much here. I still think the lakers have a good chance at winning this series with 3 games in a row in LA.

the lakers need to get it together, they keep daring pierce to shoot those 3s and he keeps sinkin them. odom has been almost nonexistant in the finals, that guy needs to step it up, and if hes not going to then keep him on the bench.

stats show there's only been one team to come back from an 0-2 deficit in the conference finals or the finals and take the series and that was this year's spurs against the hornets

You better check that stat book. Not to bust your chops but just speaking of the finals its happened three times.

2006 Miami Heat over the Dallas Mavericks Mavs won the first two. Heat takes series in 7 games

1977 Portland Trailblazers over the Philadelphia 76ers 76ers won the first two. Portland won series in 6 games.

1969 Boston Celtics over LA Lakers Lakers won first two. Celtics won series in 6 games.

The 2006 Heat victory was the first time a team has been down 2-0 and won the series since adopting the 2-3-2 format in 1985.

NO team has won the finals after being down 3-0.

:flag:

I'm guessing the lakers will get a couple at home ... the C's couldn't even steal a win in the opening round at home. This is LA ... FINALS ... no way will the Lakers give away 2 at home. Get ready for a full series ... god I love basketball .... if Odom ever gets on a roll the C's might be in trouble ... I'm a Celtics fan (after the Spurs) but they are not as complete and don't know how to finish off teams.

Great series on the horizon ... lets sit back and enjoy.

last night I was only gonna post a giant PHEW!

Last night was a prime example of how the Celts have played the last few months of the season. They would jump out to big leads and then get lazy, sloppy, and almost showboat with shots that don't need to be taken. Granted the Lakers made almost all the shots that they needed to make to comeback, but they got some help with some boneheaded plays on the other end. I still see this as a 6 or 7 game series.