Kimbo Mma Fight

04CHASE

ive been following kimbo since his internet debut fight. i really think its awesome a guy who came from the gutter to be where he is now

anywho tonights fight was awesome mainly because it was free. but i have to give it up to kimbo , coming from a stand up street fighter to almost being on the ground the entire fight and pulling off the t.k.o. he even went for some submission chokes . i know he has been training his ass off and for his age he must to get into the class these mma guys are. i did think they ended the fight a bit early in kimbo thompson and Robbie Lawler and Scott Smith fight which was equally as good imo. i cant wait to see kimbo's next fight .

thoughts?

kimbo's the man !! and he's from MI YAYO(slang for miami). not only is he a great fighter, but he's also a stand up guy. i agree that his ground game needs to be worked on pretty badly, but there's not too many fighters out there that can hang with him on his feet. he throwes some of the meanest punches i've ever seen! he's a classy guy and he's a beast in the streets. i too can't wait for the next fight!!!

and how about that englishman's earlobe. :crackup: damn thing was the size of a golfball. he should of known that kimbo was goin to split that thing open, and boy did he. what the hell was he thinkin fightin with his ear like that. it's like a target that says "hit here".

kimbo's the man !! and he's from MI YAYO(slang for miami). not only is he a great fighter, but he's also a stand up guy. i agree that his ground game needs to be worked on pretty badly, but there's not too many fighters out there that can hang with him on his feet. he throwes some of the meanest punches i've ever seen! he's a classy guy and he's a beast in the streets. i too can't wait for the next fight!!!

and how about that englishman's earlobe. :crackup: damn thing was the size of a golfball. he should of known that kimbo was goin to split that thing open, and boy did he. what the hell was he thinkin fightin with his ear like that. it's like a target that says "hit here".

i said the same thing but a little more colorful

he has a dam nut coming out of his ear

well i really fallow MMA closely and the only fight that impressed me tonite the Scotty Smith vs. Robbie Lawler fight. Kimbo did show some decent skills tonite tho his striking is good and his ability to stay calm on his back was impressive but his cardio sucked, if he plans to stay in MMA for long he's gonna have to improve it A LOT. also Thompson is known for having a glass jaw and Kimbo hit him with some hard (looking) shots and he survived them which really impressed me but it left me thinking, either JT has a better chin than everyone thinks or Kimbo doesnt hit as hard as he looks lik he should. and that fight was stopped early for sure JT could've gone on longer yes he was dazed but not that badly, also did anyone notice that he slapped the ref for stopping it early? i L'edMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check it out:

JTslap.gif

sorry for the rant i really lik MMA.

-Rob

yeah kimbo impressed me because i didn't think he had that much ground game, but he still needs a lot more work. Pretty cool that he admitted to that and is pretty humble unlike a bunch of guys in the game now. JT did a really good job of exposing his weaknesses and i think its WAAAAAY to early for kimbo to be fighting top notch heavyweights. Oh and sucks for lawler. I'm ready for UFC 85!!!!

well i really fallow MMA closely and the only fight that impressed me tonite the Scotty Smith vs. Robbie Lawler fight. Kimbo did show some decent skills tonite tho his striking is good and his ability to stay calm on his back was impressive but his cardio sucked, if he plans to stay in MMA for long he's gonna have to improve it A LOT. also Thompson is known for having a glass jaw and Kimbo hit him with some hard (looking) shots and he survived them which really impressed me but it left me thinking, either JT has a better chin than everyone thinks or Kimbo doesnt hit as hard as he looks lik he should. and that fight was stopped early for sure JT could've gone on longer yes he was dazed but not that badly.

I completely agree Rob. I'm sure Bas told him to go back out in round 3 and smash the ear, or get put down again and lose.

Kimbo has been hyped to the point that the first time he fights a top ten caliber opponent, he's in deep trouble and the hype and interest in him will fade. I'd like to see him and Heath Herring go at it. Dana White said that BJ Penn could beat Kimbo. By what we saw last night, I think he may be right. Just avoid the punch and take him down and use his size and strength against him. He has no cardio and was gassed at the end of the first round. I don't think he's a 3 dimentional fighter yet, he just trusts in his hands, his strength and what the corner tells him. He's not a thinking fighter that adapts. Maybe with Bas Ruttens guidence that will come.

I do like his respect for where he stands in the sport (as having a lot to learn) and his respect for the other fighters out there. I'm sure Bas punishes him in training and could still whip him hands down.

On another note, I was less than impressed with the announcing team. For instance I could plainly see that Gina Carano had put Kaitlin Young in an Omoplato, but the supposed well informed announcer said she was trying to acheive full guard. It was like listening to TNA Wrestling or something. Get Frank Trigg or someone else to help in the booth. Noone can touch Rogan for comentating and sport knowledge. By the way, does Frank Shamrock ever blink? Check it out.

Edited by mr breze (see edit history)

I completely agree Rob. I'm sure Bas told him to go back out in round 3 and smash the ear, or get put down again and lose.

Kimbo has been hyped to the point that the first time he fights a top ten caliber opponent, he's in deep trouble and the hype and interest in him will fade. I'd like to see him and Heath Herring go at it. Dana White said that BJ Penn could beat Kimbo. By what we saw last night, I think he may be right. Just avoid the punch and take him down and use his size and strength against him. He has no cardio and was gassed at the end of the first round. I don't think he's a 3 dimentional fighter yet, he just trusts in his hands, his strength and what the corner tells him. He's not a thinking fighter that adapts. Maybe with Bas Ruttens guidence that will come.

I do like his respect for where he stands in the sport (as having a lot to learn) and his respect for the other fighters out there. I'm sure Bas punishes him in training and could still whip him hands down.

On another note, I was less than impressed with the announcing team. For instance I could plainly see that Gina Carano had put Kaitlin Young in an Omoplato, but the supposed well informed announcer said she was trying to acheive full guard. It was like listening to TNA Wrestling or something. Get Frank Trigg or someone else to help in the booth. Noone can touch Rogan for comentating and sport knowledge. By the way, does Frank Shamrock ever blink? Check it out.

agreed. Kimbo is really respectful when it comes to the sport and towards other fighters dispite wat those other fighters say about him. also im sure Bas got in his ass about him being taken down so easy but im sure he's gettin drilled on that from here on out. if Kimbo wants to eventually move in to the UFC which im sure he does since it's wat most MMA fighters want he's gonna need to improve his skills A LOT. but i'd honestly would lik to see him Eddie Alvarez go at it, Eddie would be willing to stand and trade with him also because Heath Herring is still in a class far above Kimbo. but Kimbo vs. Alvarez would be good just give Kimbo som e more experience and way more training.

YES the commentating sucked, i figured Mauro and Frank would do a better job especially Mauro but i thought wrong.

also Gina Carano is SOOOO F*CKING HOT, g*d damn i cant stand it. she's beautiful and she could kick ur ass, wat else could u ask for???

-Rob

yeah he is bad ass but i think when he starts facing quality fighters he is gonna be in trouble,he is verry green in the ground game .good fight :cheers:

I agree Kimbo is a bad mofo but this is really his first real challenge and he got pushed to the edge by an experienced heavy weight but not a top 10 one...

Gina can put me in full gaurd any time..lol :drool:

Rob,

Did you mean Eddie Sanchez?

What sites do you check out? I look at MMAweekly.com, MMAjunkie.com and Yahoo's MMA page daily.

I read that Rogers and Kimbo had words at the post fight press conference. One writer from Yahoo wrote that the CBS show made a mockery of MMA and it's fighters and that it shouldn't be a suprise if CBS didn't do another show. I think they dropped the ball with the whole WWE flash and glam bit. It was over the top imo.

Edited by mr breze (see edit history)

Rob,

Did you mean Eddie Sanchez?

What sites do you check out? I look at MMAweekly.com, MMAjunkie.com and Yahoo's MMA page daily.

I read that Rogers and Kimbo had words at the post fight press conference. One writer from Yahoo wrote that the CBS show made a mockery of MMA and it's fighters and that it shouldn't be a suprise if CBS didn't do another show. I think they dropped the ball with the whole WWE flash and glam bit. It was over the top imo.

oops yeah i meant to Sanchez, dont know y i kept typing Alvarez.

i check out mmajunkie for news, and i post over on mmaplayground.com and sometimes on sherdog.com but they tend to flame a lot on sherdog so i do a lot more reading then posting there.

that guy from yahoo is right they did drop the ball on yesterdays show, it kinda pissed me of that they centered that whole show around an street fighter and a heavywieght can. the actual MMA fighters that represent the sport well were put in as under cards, the Scott Smith vs. Robbie Lawler and Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young were both great fights but niether recieved the promotion that the Kimbo fight which kinda sucks.

the reason everyone is saying that they dropped the ball is because MMA has come far from it's beginning in the early 90's and this show brought back down a step. by making an ex-street fighter the main event will make the the new MMA fan think it's still the same thing that it started as back in the day, which is a bunch of dude of the streets and from their dojo's and schools coming in and beating the crap out of each other.

sorry for ranting on again.

-Rob