Got Denied To Show My Sss

70chevy03ss

My guess is that it would run slower than a standard Silvy. :P:chevy:

Here are some lightning specs

PERFORMANCE 0-60 mph 6.2 seconds 0-100 kph 6.3 seconds 0-100-0 mph 22.5 seconds Quarter mile 14.6 seconds @ 97 mph Top speed 140 mph/225 kph Braking, 60-0 mph 137 ft. Braking, 100-0 mph 238 ft. 80 ft. slalom 63.6 mph 100 ft. skidpad 0.85g EPit A Estimated Fuel Economy 14 City/21 Highway mpg

the 0-60 is 6.2 and 1/4 mile only 14.6 according to fordlightning.com while the 2003 SSS are 6.3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PERFORMANCE 0-60 mph 6.2 seconds 0-100 kph 6.3 seconds 0-100-0 mph 22.5 seconds Quarter mile 14.6 seconds @ 97 mph Top speed 140 mph/225 kph Braking, 60-0 mph 137 ft. Braking, 100-0 mph 238 ft. 80 ft. slalom 63.6 mph 100 ft. skidpad 0.85g EPit A Estimated Fuel Economy 14 City/21 Highway mpg

the 0-60 is 6.2 and 1/4 mile only 14.6 according to fordlightning.com while the 2003 SSS are 6.3

That's hard to read, but I agree with you, the L isn't all that in my book. :chevy: all the way!

Maybe they were talking about the 1999-2000 Lightnings that didn't come with the 3.73:1 final drive, and the 90mm maf and the 380 hp and 450 lbs of torque, and the upgraded inter-cooler. The 2001-2004 were a bit faster with 0-60 times in the 5.1 range and quarter mile times in the 13.60's according to Motor Trend's Truck Trend 2004 Lightning vs Dodge Ram SRT-10 (see link below). You guys can think what you want but be prepared if you run a newer Lightning. And having a supercharger on your truck makes it drive nice and smooth like a stock truck until you get into the boost, which by the way, is addicting as hell.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...s_overview.html

Maybe they were talking about the 1999-2000 Lightnings that didn't come with the 3.73:1 final drive, and the 90mm maf and the 380 hp and 450 lbs of torque, and the upgraded inter-cooler. The 2001-2004 were a bit faster with 0-60 times in the 5.1 range and quarter mile times in the 13.60's according to Motor Trend's Truck Trend 2004 Lightning vs Dodge Ram SRT-10 (see link below). You guys can think what you want but be prepared if you run a newer Lightning. And having a supercharger on your truck makes it drive nice and smooth like a stock truck until you get into the boost, which by the way, is addicting as hell.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...s_overview.html

TourettesGuy.jpg

i will say lightnings are more responsive to mods . you can get one in the 11's for less than few grand. being lighter and having a factory blower does help though.

Because the Lightning comes with a beefed up transmission and rear end, all you really need to do is add more boost. But by doing that you lose your 7 year 75,000 mile power-train warranty. I like leaving my engine stock and being able to have a little fun without having to worry about breaking it. If Chevy would have offered a supercharger on the SS, I would be driving one right now, as I was thinking hard about buying an SS until I test drove my truck.

You didn't have a preference 4 door 4x4 or 2 door 2wd?

I really wanted a two door regular cab two wheeled drive sport truck and tried to find a Joe Gibbs modified regular cab. Since I bought my wife a Toyota Highlander Limited with all the bells and whistles that has four doors and full time four wheel drive that we use as our family car, I really didn't need a family sized truck. I also own two other cars and four motorcycles; three of which are street legal that I use to commute to save gas money. My truck was bought for me to pick up garden supplies and other small household stuff, but was really just going to be a play toy for me to drive to work a few times a month and to screw around with on weekends. I love taking it out on back roads and power sliding it through turns and finding deserted straight-aways to hear that supercharger whine. I also use it to take my dirt bike out to the ranch and to tow my jet ski to the lake. And since I live in sunny California, I can drive it year round.

IMG_6931.jpg

Jessie, I completely forgot about this. I meant to PM you. I had intentions of heading out there last Friday (the 13th), until Tues. night when my friend reminded me we were going to Iron Maiden at Great Woods. Now I'm down with a busted foot, but we should try to get a group together sometime before the end of the summer. I can drive as it is now, but heading to the Cape for the 4th, plus I think its the Worcester Summer Nats this weekend too right? If I hadn't committed to the Cape in Feb, I would be there!

I really wanted a two door regular cab two wheeled drive sport truck and tried to find a Joe Gibbs modified regular cab.

You had me confused to say the least!

A Joe Gibb's truck might be available in 2wd regular cab, but the SSS isn't... is it?

I don't mind the newer Lightnings, I think they are good trucks for the money with cheap upgrades compared to alot of trucks out there....

I'm going to a MoPar show in a couple of weeks where all my old school MoPar buddies are gonna bring their Hemi B bodies, 340 A bodies, you name it.

I've always been the "fringe" guy pulling in with Pro Street oddities, and this year I'm gonna see just what kind of humour the Mopar guys have.... I'm keeping my "regular" stuff at home, I'm gonna grab me a pipe and an Englishman's cap, and roll in with this!

jensen_front.jpg

:lol:

Haha I thought my brother owned every Pontiac this side of the Mississippi! :lol:

I like the old Pontiacs, they had character when they were 389/421 cars, for me anyways... 8 lug wheels, mean looking cars!

:thumbs:

Jensens were 383/440 MoPar powered English toruing cars. My MoPar old school buddies don't like them, so I'm thinking I'll push their buttons.... LOL

:withstupid: Pontiacs are my first love; nice Catalina. I've got a 428 + 0.30" in my Firebird, with bottom-end out of a 421 SD car; it was the hot ticket 15-yrs ago but I've decided next time to go IA with the car. :smash:

...A supercharger is what you call faKe HP's. ...
: :rollin: OMG then I'd love to hear your comments on turbocharged motors :crackup: Better not let any of the diesel guys overhear you...

Because the Lightning comes with a beefed up transmission and rear end, all you really need to do is add more boost. But by doing that you lose your 7 year 75,000 mile power-train warranty. I like leaving my engine stock and being able to have a little fun without having to worry about breaking it. If Chevy would have offered a supercharger on the SS, I would be driving one right now, as I was thinking hard about buying an SS until I test drove my truck.

The L! is a nice truck, and I seriously considered buying one when I was shopping for a new truck; but I drove one and thought they felt cheap, kinda like driving inside a beer can (not hard to fix) and I also caved-in to the fact that I needed to haul my kids around. Lightnings are not the end-all-be-all, they've got their issues too especially in the cooling department, we know a couple guys here in DFW putting kids through college making aftermarket radiators & intercoolers for these trucks, so it's just like any other platform in that it takes work, work, work. The vehicle with the most effort in it (regardless of make) is going to come out on top.

Mr. P. :)