Service Air Bag?

smoke03

i accidently cut one of the wires to the sensors behind the bumper(dont ask) and i threw that code. Just had to resolder the wire.

BE CAREFUL! Shorting the wires that go to the airbag sensor(s) in the front of the vehicle can cause your airbags to deploy.......it can take over an hour for the airbag control module to de-energize when the battery is disconnected. If you do tackle the task of soldering your airbag sensor wires(if they are damaged), you should disconnect the battery AT LEAST 1 hour before starting the repairs......

I only cut one wire, but i did come very close to cutting both of them and shorting out the system. Thank God that didnt happen, thanks for the input, i will rebember it in case i do something stupid again.

Not sure if this applies to you guys or not, but I had a problem when the passenger seat was moved almost all the way forward. The wiring harness under the seat was getting pinched and turning the light on. When the seat was moved back to a normal position it was fine. The dealer fixed it, but I am honestly not sure how.

The Service Air Bag light also came on in my Dad's SS and one of the sensors behind the front bumper needed to be replaced.

Edited by leaper (see edit history)

A lot of times the harness connectors under the seats will get twisted or pinched like said before. But what Ive ran into a lot, and there is a bulletin about it- there is a yellow connector behind the driver side lower kick panel cover. You have to cut it out and solder the matching wires together to get rid of the connector cause it gets corroded and throws a code. Make sure you disconnect the battery a few minutes before you mess with it though. It could be a lot of other stuff though so taking it to the dealer is the best thing, even though you will probably get ripped off. Air bags aren't something to take chances with