Sss.com Cft Contest - July - August - Vote Now!

Read about our contest nominees then vote for your favorite  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next featured truck contest winner?

• PIMP SS
    • FIREMAN31
    • Fast4popper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all i want to say this is a great honor to be nominated for the FTC contest

I guess ill start out by saying i bought my SSS in september of 03 i loved the truck just the way it was bone stock

I had no plans to change anything but a good friend of mine that bought his black SSS 2 weeks before me had some

Niche Roma 22/10 inch wheels and 325/40/22 tires that were 2 weeks old he bought them the day he bought his truck and already wanted bigger wheels so he wanted me to buy his so i did

DSCI0029-1.jpg

After this i had no intentions of changing anything else but after a month or so i added my SS decal to my windshield and about a month after that i got an escalade engine cover set and had them and the fuse box and radiator cover painted

DSCI0122.jpg

That all happened in the end of 03 and 04 along with me adding the 2 alpine 10,s and alpine mono 350 amp

Then fast forward to 2007 i was working for Xtreme upholstery and my boss asked me when are we gonna do something with those seats i said as soon as you are ready and the next day i took all the seats out and took the covers off and took them to work and by the next day i had the silver carbon fiber inserts we also decided to fill in the top of the console lid and cover it to match

DSCI0084.jpg

about a month or so after this my boss decided to make this sweet console piece with a 7 inch tv in it

DSCI0083.jpg

right after that we changed the headliner and made it charcoal to match the interior

DSCI0087.jpg

The next thing i did was help a friend of mine sell his lifted avalanche and for doing that they own a body shop they said bring it and drop it off and and put a piece of tape on everything you want painted so now everything under the hood is painted the mirrors and the wiper cowl

DSCI0087.jpg

DSCI0121.jpg

DSCI0117.jpg

After that the next thing id have to say i did was add the silver carbon fiber inserts to the door panels

DSCI0138.jpg

DSCI0137.jpg

DSCI0139.jpg

In between all of this i did paint all of the lights on the truck but have since repainted them all to be a little more legal the were really illegal now there better i dont have to change them out at night any more ive got before and after pics of the taillights and headlights and you can see the new shopman in there too

DSCI0128.jpg

DSCI0116.jpg

DSCI0284.jpg

DSCI0379.jpg

DSCI0383.jpg

I almost forgot but i also added the BSER rollpan this year one of my favorite parts of my truck

Another one of my favorite things i did this year is my wheels thanks to usabodygaurd i bought these sweet 24,s i love them they are U2 U35,s with 305/35/24 hankook tires also visible in the wheel pics is my mcgauhys 2/3.5 lowering kit which i turned into a 3/4

DSCI0183.jpg

DSCI0182.jpg

dont have any good pics but in the last couple of months ive changed the headliner again it is now charcoal suede and i added a dual pillar pod thanks to wreckerss and put in autometer c2 gauges air/fuel ratio and a volt meter ive also painted my calipers black with silver SS on them and im sure ive missed some things but ive already gone on too long so ill call that good

AGAIN THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED ME THANK YOU VERY MUCH

*AUTO METER C2 AIR/FUEL AND VOLT METERS

*G-TECH PRO METER ON WINDSHIELD

*AUDIOVOX 7 INCH MONITOR IN CONSOLE

*ALPINE M350 MONO AMP AND 2 TYPE E ALPINE 10,S

*2 FARAD CAPACITOR

*2 10 UNDER SEAT BOX COVERED IN VINYL TO MATCH BACK SEAT

*SILVER CARBON FIBER INSERTS IN SEATS AND DOOR PANELS AND CONSOLE LID

*CHARCOAL SUEDE HEADLINER

*DELETED VISORS

*BLUE LED LIGHTS IN BEZEL ABOVE GAUGES

*U2 U35 24 INCH WHEELS WITH HANKOOK VENTUS 305/35/24 TIRES

*BLACK PAINTED CALIPERS WITH SILVER SS

*MCGAUHYS 2/3.5 LOWERING KIT TURNED INTO 3/4

*BELL TECH NITRO FRONT SHOCKS TOXIC SHOCKS REAR

*MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT 12 INCH MUFFLER POLISHED WITH DUMPS

*AIRRAID COLD AIR INTAKE

*TAYLOR 8 MM BLUE WIRES

*OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

*VIPER 790 WITH REMOTE START

*LED TAILLIGHTS PAINTED TO MATCH

*FACTORY HEADLIGHTS PAINTED TO MATCH

*BSER ROLL PAN

*HIDDEN HITCH

*10 LED LISCENSE PLATE LIGHT

*FACTORY CHROME GM 20 INCH SPARE TIRE

*STREET SCENE SPEED GRILL CHROME

*ALL PLASTICS/FENDER BRACES/CAI/UNDER HOOD PAINTED TO MATCH

*MIRRORS/WIPER COWL/SHOPMAN BOWTIE PAINTED TO MATCH

First I have to say that it is an honor to even be considered for the Featured Truck Contest, there are so many deserving trucks here on the forum. From the time I was a child, I have always wanted a sport truck. I always liked the Silverado SS but could never afford one. After graduating college in May 2006, I decided to treat myself to a new Silverado SS after five years of hard work. I searched dealer inventory and found a Chevrolet dealer in the next county that had two Silverado SS's in stock. This dealer has an underground storage garage, that's where I found my truck. As soon as I set eyes on her, it was love at first sight…..I had to have this truck! I took delivery of my baby, a Silver Birch Metallic 2006 Silverado SS on Friday June 9, 2006.

DSCN0372.jpg

wax3.jpg

I began modifying my SS around two weeks after buying it. The first mods included a K&N CAI, Lund tonneau cover, Penda bed and tailgate mat, DEI remote start, Lloyd's mats, and a Vortec billet hitch cover. Next came a GM Performance Parts cat-back exhaust, Hypertech programmer, and Husky splash guards in the fall.

tonneau.jpg

interior.jpg

pic6.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

interior2.jpg

At this point, the "mod bug" had taken a hold of me. With 2007 came a Wheatley Performance custom tune, LoJack, Carriage Works five piece brushed billet alluminum grill, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Guage, Power Slot brake rotors, Amber DRLs, Energy Suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings/end links, and MSD 8.5mm plug wires.

grill1.jpg

IslandDrag1107-2.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

HPIM0698.jpg

2008 started with my transmission getting beefed up by Huntington Transmissions with a PI Vigilante 2800 stall torque converter, TransGo HD2-C shift kit, Corvette 2nd gear servo, and FLT aluminum accumulator pistons. Following the trans, a new ceramic coated Dynatech Supermaxx header/cat system was installed along with an SLP 160* thermostat, Taylor '409' plug wires, NGK TR55 spark plugs, a custom fabricated Tru Cool Max 40k trans cooler, Goodyear Gatorback belt, and a new Magnaflow muffler. Thanks to Hank(Hankg42), Mark(RockHead), and Kevin(Krambo) for all your help.

Header.jpg

transcooler.jpg

catspipes.jpg

HPIM0697.jpg

All these modifications have led to a current best ET of 14.21 @ 96.40, 2.08 60ft., and a ton of traction issues. New times with drag radials coming soon.

IDW052008.jpg

Future modifications include a TA rear girdle, Bilstein shocks, Comp 222/224/.566/.568 112LSA cam, Comp springs/rods, and 42# injectors.

dynorun-1.jpg

pic7.jpg

HPIM0695.jpg

HPIM0575.jpg

here it is, my 2004 Silverado SS. it started out as a simple upgrade from my Durango R/T. and thats where the simple stopped. i started with the basics, a tune, intake, some audio gear and thought i was done. YEAH RIGHT!! thats when i ran into Frank at Revolution, a nip here and a tuck there and the out come is as follows...

for audio i started with a huge MTX 4 channel to run the front and rear MTX 4 inch components as well as the 6 inch MTX midbass drivers in the doors. for subs a went with an MTX 7801 mono block amp driving 4 mtx 8 inch subs in a custom build plexi box down firing the subs, while i do know that these aint no 12's, i think everyone who hears them tells me the same thing, "them are 8s?" from there things get crazy on the audio side. i added an Atant 1.1 mono amp to drive the center channel speaker in my custom build dash that was designed to create the true 5.1 experience in my truck. for an indash source unit i have an Alpine IVA-D205 running thru the 701 processor as well as the ipod adaptor, sirius radio, external Alpine 5210 dvd player and aux jacks so the kid can play video games thru the trucks audio system. I also added 3 other Alpine 5.8inch screens in the truck, one in the overhead above the mirror and one in each head rest. so to sum up the audio system, each of the 4 screens can watch their own source, listen to their own audio and all of this without interupting each other by using headphones or the speakers in the screens... oh did i forget that i added the Alpine DVD rom navi as well?

on to the looks. it started as a simple hood upgrade then a tonno cover, bedrug, then it took off from there again. the suspension is full belltech with drop spindels, leaf packs, energy suspension bushings throughout, as well as an addco rear anti-sway bar. while all of this was apart i didnt simply bolt it on. i took it in for powdercoating. the full udnerbody suspension is powder coated red. from the rear GM performance diff cover and addco sway bar, to the upper and lower control arms, spindles, and even the 14 inch rotors from SSBC as well as their tri caliper piston calipers. from there i had a hard time deciding on wheels, i have always loved the Dropstar DS05's but didnt know if they would look to luxurious for an SS. but after seeing them on my truck, i was in love all over again.

now on to what everyone asks about. the power plant. it started as a regular bold on P1SC kit... again, thats where it stopped after the 7th piston threw out the side of the block... here is what is under the hood right now. fully forged and balanced bottom end. ARP bolts, Mahle pistons, GM cracked cap rods, pinned crank, ported and polished 317 heads, Corvette valve springs, D1SC polished blower, CUSTOM built intake plumbing and powdercoated red of course along with the brackets for the blower. I also painted and smoothed the engine covers, added a 250 amp alternator dual optima batteries. something that ALOT of people dont notice is the tightening of wires i did under the hood. when the motor was out i moved/relocated/ and cleaned up alot of the gm wiring to make it look better. somethin small but its the small things to me that make a difference. behind the motor i have a built 65le tranz with a billet 2600 stall, as well as the usual corvette servos and shift kit.

I am totally sure i forgot something as well as there is NO way to show the true ins and outs of my truck in pics. I know its not the fastest, not the prettiest, but with 97000 miles on the clock, i can say it does get used for what i built it for and thats to ENJOY IT!!

l_1736c261ffa94728bfcdb114a8d41e3c.jpg

l_68ddbb963263a064965abfd1952ee816.jpg

l_a4689696cf9898773688af41c53209c4.jpg

l_fae3f132ebbd788bf7d80d13008e260a.jpg

l_af067936cab17e65a790b6b3b170ce95.jpg

frontpassside.jpg

front1.jpg

maf.jpg

passside.jpg

front.jpg

gooddash.jpg

underseat.jpg

snow.jpg

and yes i use it as a truck!!

thanks for reading my story, happy voting...

I HAVE TO SAY IM VERY HAPPY TO BE PART OF THE CONTEST AND THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAT THERE ARE NOT 3 BLACK TRUCKS IN THE CONTEST AGAIN 3 DIFFERENT COLORS AND YES THANKS ALOT DAVE FOR SPENDING ALL THAT TIME GETTING ALL OF THIS READY FIREMAN31 AND FAST 4 POPPER YALL HAVE SWEET TRUCKS I DONT STAND A CHANCE