What Can I Do To Help Low End Loss?

I am running dual flowmaster 40's and I noticed some low end loss. Closer to christmas time I am planing on buying some Bassani mid-length headers and adding an x-pipe. Will this help with the low end loss or is there something else I should do to help?

There are two things I see that will help you.....first getting a custom tune will help the truck tremendously....and second, get rid of those Flowmasters! Flowmasters are known for killing low end torque. Magnaflow FTW! :chevy:

sorry dan im not a fan of magnaflow. not loud enough for me. i like flows but everyone has them! if they were restrictive wouldnt that increase torque?

A straight through free-flowing design will give you better low end torque because there is little restriction. A chambered muffler like Flows will hurt low end torque because of the chambers inside, the exhaust cannot pass straight through. Flows do not live up to their name. :chevy:

A straight through free-flowing design will give you better low end torque because there is little restriction. A chambered muffler like Flows will hurt low end torque because of the chambers inside, the exhaust cannot pass straight through. Flows do not live up to their name. :chevy:

:withstupid: enough said. . . .

when i took my truck to the exhaust shop the owner told me as soon as i walked in the door "you aint wantin no danm flowmasters are ya?" told me he wouldnt put flowmasters on our model trucks because of the interior resonance(sp?). i put magnas on and loved the sound, now that the lts are on holy sheep shit batman sounds bad ass.

I have always run flows on my rides and have never noticed any loss in power. and yes you have got to have some back pressure, my exhaust guy ensures he installs my exhaust with back pressure either with smaller diameter pipe or a muffler with more chambers. I personally just like the flowmaster sound.

I have always run flows on my rides and have never noticed any loss in power. and yes you have got to have some back pressure, my exhaust guy ensures he installs my exhaust with back pressure either with smaller diameter pipe or a muffler with more chambers. I personally just like the flowmaster sound.

I agree i love the flowmaster sound!!! It cant be that much of a loss right!!! :dunno:

It's noticeable enough to notice it. Also If I could run LT I would, but since I live in Cali I'm not going to mess with it. Is there someone here that has a sound clip of what Magnaflows sound like? I know I have heard Wody's but I don't remember it that well. Maybe he will post a video of his truck.

It's noticeable enough to notice it. Also If I could run LT I would, but since I live in Cali I'm not going to mess with it. Is there someone here that has a sound clip of what Magnaflows sound like? I know I have heard Wody's but I don't remember it that well. Maybe he will post a video of his truck.

Here you go, check this thread...........

Dynatech LTs & Magnaflow muffler