1st Ever Pass With The Ss

lilmarv1117

Went to the track last night at maplegrove to see what the SS has in her...I was alil dissapointed with the times which where 14.95 @91.60 and 15.00 flat the 2nd pass....however when I thought about it I kept the hardtop tonneau cover on, hitch, spare, rubber bedmat, and tailgate and all on an old tune before my updated exhaust/LTs...so all in all i guess it wasnt too bad...next time I got I will definately shed all that extra weight...I will try to post the video of my 2 runs soon, when i figure this junk out with youtube...

Not bad at all Tim, those times are respectable seeing how (1)you haven't been retuned for LTs yet, (2)you were at full weight with the tonneau, tailgate, and spare, and (3)it was above 80* outside with moderate humidity. Wait until fall when its cool outside and you will see a decent improvement, especially when you drop the weight and get the re-tune done. :chevy:

What was your fuel level at?

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

not bad. thats what I ran almost exactly and I have my soft cover and tailgate on but when I ran I didn't have my spare or hitch but I only have exhaust, intake and a zippy tune that was still being broken in im sure now I could probably run a little bit faster. next time I go im hoping for 14.8 or maybe even 14.7

Its not bad. I ran a 15.3 my first time out. :D Last night wasn't the best night to be racing anyway based on DA. A nice 3000 stall will really wake that truck up for sure!

I know after last night, Im ready to looking into some more mods!! i was hoping last night i would have had a 14.6-14.7 pass...but that is prolly reachable if i drop all the weight and updated tune...I certainly am looking into a stall...just saving up the $$ for it..

not bad bro... i was doin 15.0 stock... w/ 20, hitch and share... right now im doing a 14.4 w/ the hp tune and kn

ur ride looks sweet!! very clean! i will wait till fall when the weather is cooler and maybe have a couple more mods, less weight, and updated tune...and see what i run....it was a blast last night tho..as least i didnt loss in both races against rice..haha

Those times would be not bad for a truck that's stock with just a tune, but you have more mods than that. I don't think people are reading your sig. What is your altitude out there? What was your 60' time? Were you letting the truck get much cool down time? Were you idling alot in the staging lanes?

Those times would be not bad for a truck that's stock with just a tune, but you have more mods than that. I don't think people are reading your sig. What is your altitude out there? What was your 60' time? Were you letting the truck get much cool down time? Were you idling alot in the staging lanes?

:withstupid: many mods for an almost stock time. I would drop all that crazy weight. Gas is heavy so never run with more than 1/4 and take a 2 gallon gas can with you in case you get low on gas. Weight can really hurt your 1/4 miles times.