1st Ever Pass With The Ss

lilmarv1117

Those times would be not bad for a truck that's stock with just a tune, but you have more mods than that. I don't think people are reading your sig. What is your altitude out there? What was your 60' time? Were you letting the truck get much cool down time? Were you idling alot in the staging lanes?

Could the full 3" exhaust be hurting?

Went to the track last night at maplegrove to see what the SS has in her...I was alil dissapointed with the times which where 14.95 @91.60 and 15.00 flat the 2nd pass....however when I thought about it I kept the hardtop tonneau cover on, hitch, spare, rubber bedmat, and tailgate and all on an old tune before my updated exhaust/LTs...so all in all i guess it wasnt too bad...next time I got I will definately shed all that extra weight...I will try to post the video of my 2 runs soon, when i figure this junk out with youtube...

I ran a 15.012 about a 2 months ago when I just had a tune and intake. I had a very heavy tonneau cover witch I took off, I got a cat-back, more aggressive tune and I plan to drop my tailgate and spare. I should be going to Atco on tuesday with a few buddies from my job so I will let you know how the wieght reduction helps.

60' time was 2.305 not sure of the altitude....i let my truck cool down before my 1st run and about 25-30 mins before my 2nd run....not i did not idle at the staging lane..

The exhaust may be an issue especially with a stock torque converter. The toneau cover might be a little to blame, but many of the guys on here that race have them as well as trailer hitch, spare tire, etc. Something is causing you to have a terrible 60' time though. That's where I would start looking for the problem. You should be mid 14's even in the summer weather.

The exhaust may be an issue especially with a stock torque converter. The toneau cover might be a little to blame, but many of the guys on here that race have them as well as trailer hitch, spare tire, etc. Something is causing you to have a terrible 60' time though. That's where I would start looking for the problem. You should be mid 14's even in the summer weather.

what are some things that would give me a poor 60' time?? I do plan on updating the wires/spark plugs and getting an updated tune from wheatley very soon....

As my sig states, I ran a 14.39 (60' of 2.10) with a mail order tune, cat-back, and CAI. In addition I was running 16" wheels and no tailgate, temp was about 70-75deg (not sure of elevation). My spare tire and hitch were on. I launch at about 1500rpms manually shifting at 6k. Hopefully that helps, just try different techniques, like evereyone says you should be faster :cheers:

i guess next time i will try to stall it up..that seems to be the best way

You can try that, but believe it or not these trucks run just as well off an idle.......that's how I launch. Experiment with it next time Tim. I really think you will benefit most from a re-tune. :chevy:

You can try that, but believe it or not these trucks run just as well off an idle.......that's how I launch. Experiment with it next time Tim.

:withstupid: Yesterday I went to atco and I took off my cover and ran from an idle instead of stalling it up. I still had my tailgate and spare on and ran a 14.7 at 93. Before I took my cover off and stalled it up to 2000 the best was 15.012 at 91.

Edited by 8nhpSS (see edit history)