The Ss Got Some New Goodies.

04CHASE

been doing mods to the camaro lately and have been neglecting the truck since its summer and drag racing in the summer here sucks

anywho , started by removing the vinyl stripes which began to look like ish since its parked outside alot . i also sold my old wheels and got a set of fikse forged 2 piece wheels , 17 x 9.5 front and 17 x 11 rears , dave you think your wheels took long i waited well over 2 months for these to be made. i was so anxious to get them . the stock wheels are 17 x 9 and weigh 22 lbs each the fikse 17 x 9.5 weigh 18 lbs and the 17 x 11 weigh almost 19 . the tires i have now also weigh less for the front 275 and the rears weigh a pound or two heavier , so i lost 5-6 lbs a wheel in the front and about 3-4 in the rear even with the much wider 315/35/17's. the quality of the wheels is insane i posted a picture of the backside of the wheel in the spoke where its been lightened by hollowing the spoke out.

DSC01768.jpg

i also installed a line lock to heat the rear et mt streets i have on the stock wheels( 275/40/17) which i have been driving on for the past 3 weeks

a friend and i also painted some of the interior plastic mettalic dark blue while i did the line lock .

Since i had the brake system opened i deceided to go ahead and have some SS lines made, i had them use blue covering instead of clear( anyone interested in SS lines for their trucks i can have them made in almost any color )

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

here you can see the led when the line lock is armed

DSC01765.jpg

and here is the hardlined line lock on the driver side fender well( notice the kooks headers)

DSC01766.jpg

i also painted the calipers with g2 epoxy which leave a powercoat like finish that has good durability , with some logos'( here you see the blue ss brake lines and koni/strano shocks and springs)

DSC01771-1.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

and some final shots with the durty girl herself

DSC01782-1.jpg

DSC01784-1.jpg

DSC01786-1.jpg

here you can see the sub frame connectors ( under rockers) used to stiffen up the unibody frame to help with less chassis flex)

DSC01785-1.jpg

also installed kooks SS lt' headers with ory and magnaflow catback , it is actually quiter now with no cats than it was with the mani's and the slp loudmouth 1. but at wot it sounds kind of mean . but needs more .

i also have a nice power adder coming but its nothing real crazy , ill be installing it later but just trying to peice it all together. its not FI or nitrous this car must retain reliablity and look stock . but should make over 430 rwhp

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

well it was a new tire. they are on national backorder last time i tried to order them . i have a few places that claim to have them online that are local so tommorrow will see what happens but i know for sure these wheels are coming off until i get the fenders roller and a new tire.

just goes to show , i was just way to anxious to get the wheels on that i didnt think . i think the reason is i had rear wheels like this before and never had a problem but i didnt have them for long after the drop so i probably just got lucky. so looks like the power adder is going to have to wait for a while or i think im going to cancel just becasue im taking a break on spending on my auto's

my truck hasnt been driven in almost a month .