Hp Tuners For

RICE EATER

sooo when are they coming out for HP TUNERS for dummys?...ya ya i know i pointless tread i guess..but ive had mine few alil while now and it still dont feel like i have a clue i know what im doing ive got some good pointers for a few guys on here like mean05..but im confident anuf to really do much yet..i read and read.. but it just goes in one ear and out the other..just makes me wanna give a few props to you guys who do your own tuning and the guys like zippy and other major tuners..

im guessin it will start to come to me more and more once i start doin it tho.. so any tips on learning the basics? theres just soo much info its hard to know where to start

here with ya, bro. I just bought the HPTuners vcm suite tonight. Luckily, I have a friend who has some experience with this software. If nothing else, Wheatley is in town if things get too bad... I hope not.

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

I feel the same. I bought it and know nothing. Got my mileage a little better ~1mpg lol, tested out to make sure it does over 200km/hr after I adjusted governor, and raised my shift points. Its way faster after doing that. I also think I made my shift occur quicker and it seems like they do. Thats all I now how to do. I feel I should probably sell it and just get a mail order tune instead. That way there will be some more improvements.

well im sorry to tell you this but not that 650 was enough for the software u might have to spent a little more but.... This book is sooooo awsome it breaks down hp tuner to the best. i think the web site is tunningschool.com the book your looking for is TUNNING THE RIGHT WAY. it a begginers guide to tunning GM vehicles with HP tuners software. it cost a little more then the dummy books lol. the cost is 499 u also get a cd with it which u can watch and they will teach you on there too. its either the 499 or the 899 and that includes a seminar. hope that helps.

well im glad im not the only one in this boat..i just wish i had more time to sit down and focus on learning it..im veryyy curious about it.. but just cant seem to make the time.. and its kinda one of those this u really need to sit down for hours and work on for the sounds of it.. i dont need to be half way threw something and then get pulled away and forget were or what i was doin and mess somethin up..haha :eek: holy shit.. 500 to 900 thats alot of bucks to learn out to tune.. i can get alot of go fast goodies for that kinda money..but then again i guess its pointless to add anything and u cant tune to use it...hell ive put alot of money in to the truck so far.. but dont know how to tune it right and its not any faster then before..dohh!..lol

• 3 weeks later...
well im glad im not the only one in this boat..i just wish i had more time to sit down and focus on learning it..im veryyy curious about it.. but just cant seem to make the time.. and its kinda one of those this u really need to sit down for hours and work on for the sounds of it.. i dont need to be half way threw something and then get pulled away and forget were or what i was doin and mess somethin up..haha :eek: holy shit.. 500 to 900 thats alot of bucks to learn out to tune.. i can get alot of go fast goodies for that kinda money..but then again i guess its pointless to add anything and u cant tune to use it...hell ive put alot of money in to the truck so far.. but dont know how to tune it right and its not any faster then before..dohh!..lol

ya but if you spend the money and get good at it then you can charge people money for tuning and make 10 fold your money back :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

HPtuners site has some good info to get started. it takes a long time but if you think about it, its all about refineing the tune for your set up and conditions.

example: GM sells silverado's in both Detroit and Denver which have 2 different altitudes, these truck have the same tuning...so you start by tuning to get the cells filled with real #'s...then you log some driving then flash, log, flash, log, flash, log....start simple, make small changes and save your old tunes.

cost is high but its a bad ass tool!