A fellow " Bow-Tie" wanted to test the SS!!!

Maximus

Yesterday while I was on my way home, a guy driving a Silverado HD pulled along side of me at a stop light and began to show off his exhaust. When the light went green he peeled out in front of me to the next light, once we were there he started to high-rev his engine because he wanted to test the SS, but I let caution and a level head take over because I just got the SS and It only has 200 miles on it, but once I get the engine broken in, I'm going HD hunting!! ;)

My 2002 Sierra Crew with the 8.1L is not even close to the SS. Even with exhaust, Filter and programming. Now, hook up a 10,000# trailer and see what happens.

There is not a new GMC or other Chevy truck that can touch the SS....Yet...

My 2002 Sierra Crew with the 8.1L is not even close to the SS. Even with exhaust, Filter and programming. Now, hook up a 10,000# trailer and see what happens.

a regular cab 2wd with a 5.3 doesn't have much problem with an ss. as far as an hd though, it doesn't stand a chance against an ss even with a few bolt on's.

Most of the ECSB's around here know not to try to run the SS. I had a guy in a 2500HD want to race one day... I guess he had like exhaust and a programmer. I left him in the dust off the line, then backed off. When he caught up he punched it again - revved really high, sounded like he needed to shift sooner. I walked away from him with about 70% throttle... :D

Most of the ECSB's around here know not to try to run the SS.  I had a guy in a 2500HD want to race one day... I guess he had like exhaust and a programmer.  I left him in the dust off the line, then backed off.  When he caught up he punched it again - revved really high, sounded like he needed to shift sooner.  I walked away from him with about 70% throttle...  :D

:thumbs: Showoff! :jester:

My 2002 Sierra Crew  with the 8.1L is not even close to the SS. Even with exhaust, Filter and programming. Now, hook up a 10,000# trailer and see what happens.

a regular cab 2wd with a 5.3 doesn't have much problem with an ss. as far as an hd though, it doesn't stand a chance against an ss even with a few bolt on's.

I'm talking equal body size and drive. Of course a reg cab 2wd with the right equipment is going to beat a heavier ext cab awd. It's just common sense. I was just talking about ext to ext cab/4wd to awd. I'm sure an Escalade EXT will be close to the SS too.

Archived