A fellow " Bow-Tie" wanted to test the SS!!!

Maximus

My last trip to the track there was a 2500 hd running low 14's and he said he hadnt done anything more than programming changes. He posted better times than i did and heavier too. :rolleyes:

he was full of it then unless it was a diesel.

Not to beat up on our own. :nono::nono:

But this guy in a Blue SS kept on screwing with me. I waved him off twice.

Finally he cut me off.. :fume:

This was the last straw.

He was in front of me and took off once the light turned green..I followed and then passed him in the first 1000 feet, and left him in my wake..

At the next light he would not pull up to the signal line. :smash::smash::smash:

Yea, you gotta be carefule with the diesels! Also, I had a reg. cab. SB 5.3, and they are quick! I had a 4wd, and It was still fast. Based on what I beat with it, I would easily say low 15's, MAYBE a high 14. It had 34,000 miles on it. I'm anxious to see the times of the new silverado's that can get a "performance package" that includes the 345hp LQ9. :chevy:

My rcsb with a 5.3 and 3.42 (w/ limited slip) was quick but deffinitely not as quick as my SS.:wtf: I just sold the 5.3, which I bought new and put 50K miles on. I have driven them back to back but never track tested either one.

Archived