Clear Volant Intake Cover

uncald4

I'm sure that somebody else has probably done this before but I haven't seen it. I own a custom install biz and I figured that I'd give this a shot. Turned out pretty sweet. What do you think?

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Now you need to get a clear hood :jester:

A clear hood you say? Hmm...

Thank you for the compliments. I also don't like that you can't see that big ass filter on the Volant. And why the hell do they not pre-oil these filters. I've installed several Volant intake systems on different cars. They all had pre-oiled filters. Or at least send a small can of oil with the kit. Anywho, I can make these clear covers pretty easily. Contact me if you're interested.

i see you counter sunk the screws and flamed the edges, well from what i can see...

I need one in CF... but when the time is right im gonna hit up my boy Artie...

only thing i would have done a little differently is put a 1/4" foam gasket between the plexi and the box... to seal it...

i see you counter sunk the screws and flamed the edges, well from what i can see...

I need one in CF... but when the time is right im gonna hit up my boy Artie...

only thing i would have done a little differently is put a 1/4" foam gasket between the plexi and the box... to seal it...

I hear you on that gasket. I had about 15 inches of butyl gasket material which wasn't enough to go all the way around. I'll have to get more tomorrow. I can make carbon fiber covers also but then you still can't see the filter.

trust me, there will be enough BLING in my engine compartment... people wont miss a $40 filter... LOL...

I'll have over 25k in the engine compartment alone... :thumbs:

just out of curiosity how much for a REAL CF cover? with black screws?

Holy crap... 25k under the hood? Yeah... Nobody will care about seeing the filter. What filter? :D

I don't want to get spanked for soliciting but I'll make a carbon fiber cover for about $65. If I were making one for myself I would start with a 1/8 black acrylic and lay the CF over it. Then clear and polish the top coat. That way you'd have a solid base. If I just do all CF it would be flimsy like the original cover. I'll give it a run this week and post some pics. It should look pretty sick.