Sss Vs. Rsr

TX-SS

Hey guys. Theres an orange silverado RSR here in Lubbock that I have been wanting to run. I would sort of like to know how its gonna turn out before I go for it. I know that its the 4.8 version with the 5-speed, about 335hp, and a shift kit. He has had it for a while so I imagine he can shift pretty well. Any ideas how it will turn out? BTW all I have is an Airaid intake and a Corsa sport, but will have a tune very soon.

Has it got a possi rear end? If not I'd put my money on the SS, I ran a regular cab hemi with a few more horses than my stock 2wd SS,, I spanked his ass everytime from a dead stop, HARD!!! like 4 to 6 lengths every time weve ran,,but when we went from a 40mph punch, I barley get him 3 ,,so the SS rearend really helps outta the hole. Don't forget to turn of that Traction control and really heat those tires up. :driving:

You must mean an RST not an RSR, all they have is a 4.8 with an intake, full exhaust from the headers back, and a manual trans........you shouldn't have a problem running him. I would wait until you get your tune, then show him whose truck is faster. :chevy:

EDIT - be sure that RST isn't blown, I think they had an optional supercharger if I remember correctly.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

You must mean an RST not an RSR, all they have is a 4.8 with an intake, full exhaust from the headers back, and a manual trans........you shouldn't have a problem running him. I would wait until you get your tune, then show him whose truck is faster. :chevy:

EDIT - be sure that RST isn't blown, I think they had an optional supercharger if I remember correctly.....

No i meant RSR. It was a custom truck, im pretty sure under 100 made. Heres a pic of one.

post-15960-1217737910_thumb.jpg

in your opinon how much do you think the tune will do or give you with only intake and exhaust...

Edited by SACTOWNS FINEST SS (see edit history)

Hey guys. Theres an orange silverado RSR here in Lubbock that I have been wanting to run. I would sort of like to know how its gonna turn out before I go for it. I know that its the 4.8 version with the 5-speed, about 335hp, and a shift kit. He has had it for a while so I imagine he can shift pretty well. Any ideas how it will turn out? BTW all I have is an Airaid intake and a Corsa sport, but will have a tune very soon.

A 4.8L with 335hp? He not stock I take it. If that hp is to the wheels...he's gonna take you if he can shift. I've never heard or seen an RSR, looks good IMO. Run him anyway and let us know how it turns out. Oh, get the tune first :cheers:

No i meant RSR. It was a custom truck, im pretty sure under 100 made. Heres a pic of one.

Wow, never heard of an RSR before.........

in your opinon how much do you think the tune will do or give you with only intake and exhaust...

A quality tune from Wheatley, Zippy, or .justin. can gain you over 30hp when combined with a CAI and cat-back.......

A 4.8L with 335hp? He not stock I take it. If that hp is to the wheels...he's gonna take you if he can shift. I've never heard or seen an RSR, looks good IMO. Run him anyway and let us know how it turns out. Oh, get the tune first :cheers:

No thats hp to the flywheel. He isn't stock, but he's not heavily modded either.

I agree, take a stab at him and tell us what happens.

Found the following info on the RSR. Aint so bad.

The Chevy Silverado RSR was built by Choo Choo Customs (a subsidiary of LA Customs and Legen Motors Worldwide

The RSR Stage I featured:

* 350 HP SLP Performance Pac

* 1.85 Ratio Rocker Arms

* Cold Air Induction System

* Custom Tuned PCM Programmer

* Stainless Steel Headers

* Stainless Steel Exhaust

* Front, Lower Body Facia w/Driving Lights

* Body Color-Out Grille Accents

* Painted Door Handle Covers

* Exterior RSR Badging

* Rear Bumper Facia

* 2" Lowering Package

* 20" Custom Wheels and Tires

Stage II added:

* Simulated Cowl Induction Hood

* Power Sport Mirrors

* Taillight Covers

* Soft Tonneau Cover

* Performance Tuned Suspension

Stage III added:

* Custom Instrument Cluster

* Custom Leather Steering Wheel

* Two-Tone Custom Leather Seating

* Carbon Patterned Interior Trim

* Interior RSR Badging

They came in either Yellow or Orange

I agree with others, get your tune and show him what a fast truck will do.

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

No thats hp to the flywheel. He isn't stock, but he's not heavily modded either.

Being it has the stage 1 kit at a minimum and those numbers are accurate (350hp) it should be close. He is lighter than you being a single cab so dont hold back, get the jump...be sure and get it on vid if you can :cheers: Good luck bro!

Are you serious? This is really a question? Your really worried? Sounds like he may be a little faster than a RCSB 5.3. You should have no problem smoking his arse. Dont get caught up in the hype of name brands and custom junk. Look at the foose f150. 500hp and a very lightly modded SS would kill it. Stop wondering and take him already. Get it on video. :cheers:

He may have 5 more horses but im sure you have alot more torque.

Edited by socaliallstar82 (see edit history)

Tincher and Williams Chevrolet in Corbin Kentucky sold a couple of those trucks in 2005. I stopped to look at them and was interested until I seen the window sticker, about $32,000. They had a yellow one and a orange one and were really nice trucks, but not worth what they were wanting for them. Champion201 is exactly correct on the specs of this truck because I got one of the cards from the dealer when I looked at the trucks. The only way I would worry is if your SS is bone stock and then again you could probably take him anyway because he's gonna have a hard time finding traction. Any how here is a few pics of the dealer card. The pics is of the 4.8 with 330 HP, the 5.3 had 350 HP.

post-15019-1217815193_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1217815257_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1217815316_thumb.jpg