Help!

Aspentaylor

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pictures uploaded! Woo hoo.

I went to look for my spare with my dad. The woods were so thick that there was no way. We looked for an hour. I am going to get poison ivy I know it even though I took two showers. The attached picture is why I stopped looking. Three wasp/bee stings on top of my one from Friday from the barn. The picture is of one sting. I have a kankle now......

post-6328-1217940246_thumb.jpg

The pictures uploaded! Woo hoo.

I went to look for my spare with my dad. The woods were so thick that there was no way. We looked for an hour. I am going to get poison ivy I know it even though I took two showers. The attached picture is why I stopped looking. Three wasp/bee stings on top of my one from Friday from the barn. The picture is of one sting. I have a kankle now......

that's just one sting??? :eek:

Thanks to rausche! I took him up on his offer. Now I have to find a cheap spare...I guess I have to talk to the dealership. ugg I hate them! Thanks again to everyone. Hopefully this time my tire will stay. If I did not trailer my horse, then I would not care about my spare. I do not drive my truck that much! Have a great weekend everyone!

Taylor :cheers:

Thanks to rausche! I took him up on his offer. Now I have to find a cheap spare...I guess I have to talk to the dealership. ugg I hate them! Thanks again to everyone. Hopefully this time my tire will stay. If I did not trailer my horse, then I would not care about my spare. I do not drive my truck that much! Have a great weekend everyone!

Taylor :cheers:

Taylor, keep your eyes on the for sale section, spare tires/rims pop up quite often, you can probably get one for cheap. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

That is CRAZY Taylor!! :crazy: I've never heard of that happening before either, even through the 3 different dealerships I worked for!! I worked at 1 Ford dealership & we kept like 3 of those winches in stock as Ford used a "KEY" like a wheel lock key on their spare tire system. So when people buy a used Ford truck they have a flat & can't find the key. That leaves them to cut the winch cable and replace it with a new assembly. Man did I hear some fine cuss words monthly over that well planned Ford design. :lol:

I almost thought at 1st maybe someone was stealing spare tires in your area, but after seeing how the whole winch mechanism fell off that is very unlikely (thieves just cut the cables).

I would try calling the local wrecking yards and even the local tire shops in your town, that would be the cheapest way to buy a spare wheel AND tire. I don't recall what the spare tire size is though for the SS/VHO/V-MAX. It seems there are 2 different sizes GM used depending on the year of our trucks, but both sizes equate to the same overall tire diameter.

Good luck Tayor. :fingersx:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Thanks again guys. I have my box of parts. Hank-how far are you off of 95? I might go to new york two weekends from now. I had a local shop offer to find one for me, but I have to figure out how many lugs i have......havent done that yet. oops. Let me know. Stupid truck. Thanks to Rausche I have my box of parts that I have not opened. Now the tire. Im a slacker lately!

.......but I have to figure out how many lugs i have......havent done that yet. oops...........Im a slacker lately!

These trucks are 6 lug on 5.5" bolt pattern........slacker! :jester:

Drop us Northeast guys a line if you are coming this way in a couple weeks. :chevy:

Sorry to bring up an old thread, and I dont know how much snow you get but just want to say I think you SS is better in the snow than a bmw. I have owned and driven a bunch of bmws, my mom has a newer 330xi. They are not as good as they use to make the AWD 325iX made from 1988-91. I have not driven their SUV/SAV in the snow, I can only say the truck is superior in the snow to the sedans. Bmws are still my favorite sedans though.

Those are some mean hortnets you got there...I was ripping out some weeds the other day and the buggers got me on me earlobe and knuckle.

Good luck with your new equipment.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Thanks again guys. I have my box of parts. Hank-how far are you off of 95? I might go to new york two weekends from now. I had a local shop offer to find one for me, but I have to figure out how many lugs i have......havent done that yet. oops. Let me know. Stupid truck. Thanks to Rausche I have my box of parts that I have not opened. Now the tire. Im a slacker lately!

I'm only 10 minutes away from the NJ Turnpike, Exit 7A. Tire is yours if you want it. I have a few other items too, if you can use them. PM me if you want the tire. Just a heads up, I'll be away in Florida from 9/20 and won't be back until 9/29. That sounds like it's when you'll be up this way. (Yeah, it's 6 lugs.) :)