Better Mileage

RICK.69SS

HELLO..I'M NEW TO THIS SITE....I HAVE A 06 SS INTIMIDATOR..AND WAS WONDERING

IF THERE WAS A WAY TO INCREASE THE MILEAGE....BESIDES DRIVING LIKE AN OLD LADY!!......12.6 IS NOT TOO GOOD THESE DAYS!.............

RIGHT NOW MY TRUCK IS COMPLETLY STOCK......BAD THING IS I HAVE A 70,000 MILE WARRANTEE!..IT ONLY HAS 10,300 MILES ON IT NOW............RICK.69SS

HELLO..I'M NEW TO THIS SITE....I HAVE A 06 SS INTIMIDATOR..AND WAS WONDERING

IF THERE WAS A WAY TO INCREASE THE MILEAGE....BESIDES DRIVING LIKE AN OLD LADY!!......12.6 IS NOT TOO GOOD THESE DAYS!.............

RIGHT NOW MY TRUCK IS COMPLETLY STOCK......BAD THING IS I HAVE A 70,000 MILE WARRANTEE!..IT ONLY HAS 10,300 MILES ON IT NOW............RICK.69SS

I don't think there much you can do without adding a tune. With my mods I only get about 13 to 14 mpg's in town. I drive a 4 cylinder Honda to and from work to ease the pain Welcome to the site and post pics, we'd love to see your Intimdator :cheers:

Welcome. Ain't much you can do about fuel, any mod you do to get MPG, will also make you get into the pedal more, so it'll worsen it. Watch the cap lock before the cap lock police gets you (where is that whoop whoop sound anyway?) and can't wait to see some pics!

thanks for the replies...i guess you're right..the more power stuff you put on,,the more you'd be likely to put your foot into it.....but,,sometimes it would be ok.

also..do any of you know if you install an aftermarket air intake system,do you have to recalibrate anything??....i thought about the cat-back exhaust..but have you really looked at the size of the stock ss exhaust?..is the intimidator larger??.....

i want to drop it befor i take pictures............... :flag:

thanks for the replies...i guess you're right..the more power stuff you put on,,the more you'd be likely to put your foot into it.....but,,sometimes it would be ok.

also..do any of you know if you install an aftermarket air intake system,do you have to recalibrate anything??....i thought about the cat-back exhaust..but have you really looked at the size of the stock ss exhaust?..is the intimidator larger??.....

i want to drop it befor i take pictures............... :flag:

There is no re-tune needed for an intake and cat-back, you can run the stock tune without any issues. A custom tune will wake the truck up and will benefit from the two though. The Intimidator is just an appearance package, mechanically all SSS's are the same. The stock exhaust isn't that bad in terms of piping, but the stock muffler is a dog.......

hate to sound like a dick, but this question pops up about every week. use the search button, and you'll see that there is really no way to save. start adding mods and you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. you will also read responses like "if you were concerned about gas mileage you should have bought a civic" to which i agree. buy yourself a daily driver and let your gas guzzler sit if its that big of an issue.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

Run a can of Seafoam brand ful treatment through your fuel tank at every oil change. This will keep any deposites from forming & robbing ur fine truck of HP & MPG. :thumbs:

Another small tip is check ur tire air pressure weekly or have ur tires changed over to run on Nitrogen, as it runs a CONSTANT air pressure & leaks out less than normal air. Set the air pressure to what is noted inside your left front door jam.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

thanks to all responses...i think i will look into the air intake,,and the exhaust system.....as far as doing add-ons,,and trying to keep your foot out of it,,,it's kinda like being on a diet..."you can splurge once in awhile!"............................ :flag:

a custom tune. fireman31 squared me away with this issue. i got in touch with wheatly performance tuning. i havent recieved mine yet but when i do ill let ya know. it is suppost to help alot. plus a exhaust and intake will help a little too.....